Main Menu

Dredd (2012)

Started by Goaty, 06 September, 2011, 11:51:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

shaolin_monkey

Stan

I'm not sure if I actually caught the film version but I always assumed Yuppie And The Alien was a nod to that.

Steve Green

Quote from: Stan on 14 March, 2013, 09:43:46 AM
Reading that, I couldn't help but think of Yuppie And The Alien from GTA Vice City.

More like

Beadle68

Hey guys don't know if this has been posted or linked anywhere on here but there is a facebook page called Make a DREDD Sequel and all they want is to get to 5000 likes to progress so get yourselfs over there and just click like! ON this sort of note I've noticed a surge on web sites (not just fan types) of people and more often than not press saying Dredd 2 needs to happen as they wish to see more of Urbans Dredd now they have seen the Blu ray.What a bloody shame that (a) the initial promotion for this film was piss poor at best and (b) It didn't try to distance itself enough from that god awful 95 movie as most people I know thought it was a direct sequel to it. :( . Been watching all the dvd's I got for xmas again last few weeks which was all of last years action/scifi stuff and I have to say Dredd outshines them all,still keep finding nice touches in the background.As for karl as Dredd think anyone else in the role would have been hard pushed to beat his performance.Deserves an award. :)

JOE SOAP

Beadle68

Thought it seemed familier  :-[

sheldipez

Quote from: Beadle68 on 15 March, 2013, 12:19:10 AM
What a bloody shame that (a) the initial promotion for this film was piss poor at best and (b) It didn't try to distance itself enough from that god awful 95 movie as most people I know thought it was a direct sequel to it.

and (c) if you wanted to see a non-3D showing then it was tough luck. I keep going on about this but I saw this point come up in a bunch of reviews as a factor to put people off. So certainly wasn't just me.

junox

to check this out  we have  OZ 3D  just out ..... is it easy to view  2d versions  for this movie  ?

Banners

Quote from: junox
to check this out  we have  OZ 3D  just out ..... is it easy to view  2d versions  for this movie  ?

Yup - you just look at the screen.

sheldipez

Quote from: junox on 15 March, 2013, 07:54:30 AM

Do you mean "Oz: The Great and Powerful has just come out, how easy is it to find a 2D showing of that, to make comparisons with Dredd 3D" ?

Well looking at today my local cinema (Vue Cinema) has three showings in 3D and three showings in 2D, going to the next closest cinema (Empire Cinema) we have four showings in 3D and eight in 2D. Man, that was kinda disheartening making this comparison  :(

TordelBack

Quote from: sheldipez on 15 March, 2013, 08:36:28 AMMan, that was kinda disheartening making this comparison  :(

Telling, though.

The Sherman Kid

Very telling.

Thrilled when I heard Dredd would be in 3D but simply took it as read there would be plenty of 2D prints out there too.

It does still seem odd that they didn't do this, more money for the 3D tickets sure, but why wouldn't you cover yourself by giving the option?

Stan

Money junkyism can sometimes distort the thinking process.

Richard

Quotemost people I know thought it was a direct sequel

I have never understood that, given the title.

Bubba Zebill

Another excellent review of Dredd..this time in LITTLE WHITE LIES page 59.
http://issuu.com/lwlies/docs/lwlies43/1
Judge Dredd : The Dark (Gamebook)
http://tinmangames.com.au/blog/?p=3105