Dredd (2012)

Started by Goaty, 06 September, 2011, 11:51:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

James Stacey

Fisticuffs

The rapidly building number of answers of 'Dredd' are hilarious. :D

MR. ELIMINATOR

MR. ELIMINATOR

now that's a cult following if I ever saw one, pretty much every comment is Dredd.

MR. ELIMINATOR

also, sorry for the multiple posts, but that new admin "Brian" on the facebook page sure likes insulting people. Hope it doesn't effect the cause.

IndigoPrime

Quote from: Stan on 28 June, 2013, 12:50:01 PMI'm not really sure how Iron Man 3 pioneered gender equality. I must've missed that.
Yeah, it's not exactly brimming with equality. I imagine it's down to perceived subversion in [spoiler]Potts ending up in one of the suits and also kicking some arse later on[/spoiler], but that ignores the fact [spoiler]she's basically 'damsel in distress' elsewhere[/spoiler] and the generally male-centric film as a whole, rather like pretty much every other Marvel/DC flick.

COMMANDO FORCES

Stan

Quote from: IndigoPrime on 28 June, 2013, 03:15:30 PM
Quote from: Stan on 28 June, 2013, 12:50:01 PMI'm not really sure how Iron Man 3 pioneered gender equality. I must've missed that.
Yeah, it's not exactly brimming with equality. I imagine it's down to perceived subversion in [spoiler]Potts ending up in one of the suits and also kicking some arse later on[/spoiler], but that ignores the fact [spoiler]she's basically 'damsel in distress' elsewhere[/spoiler] and the generally male-centric film as a whole, rather like pretty much every other Marvel/DC flick.

That's really all I could think of when you brought it up. It actually felt a little forced to me anyway, as a way to beef up her role with a bit of girl power. Whereas Anderson saving both herself and Dredd felt completely natural.

Jim_Campbell

Quote from: Fisticuffs on 28 June, 2013, 02:32:24 PM
The rapidly building number of answers of 'Dredd' are hilarious. :D

Last time I looked, Dredd was winning about 6:1 over nearest rival, The Hobbit — looked again just now and it's 8:1...!

Cheers

Jim
Stupidly Busy Letterer: Samples. | Blog
Less-Awesome-Artist: Scribbles.

dweezil2

Savalas Seed Bandcamp: https://savalasseed1.bandcamp.com/releases

"He's The Law 45th anniversary music video"
https://youtu.be/qllbagBOIAo

shaolin_monkey

TordelBack

COMMANDO FORCES

It can only be good news!