Main Menu

MEG 256 - Lethal Weapon!

Started by paulvonscott, 05 March, 2007, 02:56:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

paulvonscott

Only read Mike's thing on the other Mike so far, but my prog isn't here.  I'm telling myself it's 'spreading the thrills'

Buttonman

ukdane

Cheers

-Daney

TordelBack

I got no Prog, no Meg :-(

But you've got your freedom, yeh?  You got li(iiiii)fe?

SIP

Touch wood, my subscription has been 100% reliable - prog and meg today as usual.

Is it certain regions that tend to suffer more from this problem then?

I thought the Meg was good - particularly the article on McMahon, the man can do no wrong when it comes to comic strips (I even love his last couple of outings on Dredd and ABC warriors that seems to get more of a negative than positive reaction).

His loss from comics (particularly 2000ad) to the computer game industry is a real loss - though I can appreciate his reasons for doing so.

I, Cosh

No Prog, No Meg. That sucks!

No Prog + No Meg = No Future. Fuck The Curfew!!

A jolly decent Meg I thought.

The cover rocked. Dredd's got your number and he's not messing around. Mini-quibble: we know Dredd's views on stubble, so why do artists insist on giving him some?

Dredd was a nice story, further building up Rennie's supporting cast. Has Dredd made the right call here? That was definitely a look of sadistic glee on Danzer's face.

Looks like Tales from the Black Museum is going to be an ongoing thing. This was one of the better efforts and shows that Alan Grant can actually still produce a half-decent story when he wants. An amusing twist on the old "Adam & Eve" thing, with some fantastoc black & white art from Dylan Teague. Why isn't this guy producing epic-length stories on a regular basis Tharg?

"Isn't it ripping?" It certainly is, Devlin Waugh. The sudden ending of this story took me surprise. There's obviously more to come and I hope we don't have long to wait as this story has been the zenith of my (relatively short) Meg-reading experience. The story and the art fit together perfectly.

Finally, Simping Detective has overstayed its welcome. It's just convolution for the sake of convolution and could easily have been wrapped up this month or - preferably - last. The body disposal is amusing though.

I don't have any problem with the Film Reviews in principle, but when only one of the five films covered isn't actually out yet, it's a bit of a waste of time.
We never really die.

Bolt-01

From the top:

Cover: Is the head too small? Superb rendering (In a very Byrne style imo) and the colours are sublime.

Dredd: Thought the story was good, but the art was weak. Len didn't do that many backgrounds and some of his panels were generic helmet shots. Must do better.

Tales: DYLAN TEAGUE!! The art on this was so good I can barely contain myself.

Alien Zoo: The repro on this was weak, but a welcome slice of Bolland.

Crystal tips: This is 'Small press'? Come on folks- this is good stuff.

Devlin: Superb. Possibly my favourite version of the character.

Simping Detective: Please, get to the....

Overall: A really solid meg, with plenty to read. Still not read LMS' McMahon article, saving that for a cup of synthi-caff tonight.

Bolt-01

Tiplodocus

Very enjoyable MEG.

One quibble with the cover, it's a bit of a waste having him sat on the bike if you can't see it's a bike, isn't it?

Enjoyed GRENNIE's Dredd even though I don't recall the characters  from previous outings.

I'd have thought Alien Zoo would be better reprinted with the surrounding THARG story afterwards.

Didn't enjoy Black Museum at all - Isn't Dylan's art a bit too clean for a zombie?
Be excellent to each other. And party on!

Bad Andy

Again - don't know why people are stylin' on Simping Detective. It's brilliant and consistent. Good issue  this one.

[YT-2]

Enjoyed teh Meg but the best part had to be seeing Dylan's work on a full strip and not just a cover or doing the inking chores.
Give this man more work as he can only get better and his stuff is great as it is.

paulvonscott

"the best part had to be seeing Dylan's work on a full strip"

Here, here!  It's excellent stuff, and has a real classic 2000AD vibe while feeling new and fresh.  More Dylan Teague!  And more Henry Flint while I'm here!

Also really enjoyed this week's Devlyn, but hadn't noticed it was the last issue.  Shame.  The artwork perfectly complimented the story.

paulvonscott

"the best part had to be seeing Dylan's work on a full strip"

Here, here!  It's excellent stuff, and has a real classic 2000AD vibe while feeling new and fresh.  More Dylan Teague!  And more Henry Flint while I'm here!

Also really enjoyed this week's Devlyn, but hadn't noticed it was the last issue.  Shame.  The artwork perfectly complimented the story.

Proudhuff

Seconded everything the Cosh said, but (minor quibble) I thought the cover could have done with the background less intrusive, so old StoneyPus really stood out.

Huff the sated
DDT did a job on me

Goaty

Cover: it was good cover, even for unshaved Dredd.
Dredd: the story was good, nice to fill up plot hole in one of stories in 2000AD. and other Judge to Dredd's trust Judges, i have to says, If Judge Dredd was other guy, he got all links in Mega-City 1, i means Chief Judge and Chief SJS Judge was involves with him, and he can have over thousand judges follow him in one click of finger. oh hell, he can control Mega-City 1! but thanks gosh he only Judge Dredd, i understand why Devil want his Soul!

Tales: it was really good... but does this Keeper Zombie remind me of that Alien in Starlord????

Alien Zoo: nice to see Art work of Bolland.

Devlin: very good end, see how it go, but not sure why Vampires help his brother?

Simping Detective: What your Point? hehe, nice end to see back of evil Smile! :)

very good Meg...

WoD

'Tales' was rubbish...art was nice though.