Main Menu

Hello from Poland.

Started by jacob g, 09 July, 2015, 12:52:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jacob g

Hello,

Here's just yet another 2000ad reader.

I kinda don't know what I should write here... I guess my first 2000AD strips was reprints in polish magazine called Swiat Komiksu in 98 and it was Dredd's "He Came From Outer Space", from then I collected all polish reprints of 2000AD and start to looking for english backissues.

So, that's all.

Best regards,
Jacob.
margaritas ante porcos

Colin YNWA

Cool, so tell us what do the Polish reprints of 2000ad look like? What format is the material collected in?

Oh and welcome aboard - have fun.

sheridan

Dandontdare

welcome to the forum! Always great to see more and more international readers joining up!

jacob g

Quote from: Colin_YNWA on 09 July, 2015, 01:52:36 PM
Cool, so tell us what do the Polish reprints of 2000ad look like? What format is the material collected in?

We don't have many translated editions of 2000AD material here but few notable was:

Vanguard, Raindogs and Gimmer Rats collected as typical euro-sized hardcover. Fetish from Judge Dredd Megazine was also collected in the same format. Few Slaine books had softcover treatment (Demon Killer, Horned God and Treasures of Britain).

We had two of four Judge Dredd/Batman crossovers, Judgement on Gotham and Die Laughing. Judgement had US sized SC edition but for sequel the used euro format (also SC).

But all this books are long out-of-print now.

Right now we have only one polish publisher intersted in 2000AD books. It's called Studio Lain. They released Ballad Of Halo Jones, ABC Warriors: Black Hole and Absalom in gorgous big editions (not big as Humanoids books but a little bit bigger than typical euro format). Ballad and ABC in HC, Absalom in SC and from what I read they have pretty nice plans for future (Stickelback, Alan Moore Future Shocks).

And that's all about collected material i think.
margaritas ante porcos

ZenArcade

Ed is dead, baby Ed is...Ed is dead

Colin YNWA

Good stuff. I'm loving the fact that we're starting to get different nationalities here and therefore learning a little about how 2000ad material is presented elsewhere.

Just been to the Studio Lain and while my Polish... errr like I have any... might be letting me down does this company exclusivley do 2000ad - can't spot anything else? Some of the volumes look nice mind.

jacob g

Quote from: Colin_YNWA on 09 July, 2015, 10:02:23 PMJust been to the Studio Lain and while my Polish... errr like I have any... might be letting me down does this company exclusivley do 2000ad - can't spot anything else? Some of the volumes look nice mind.

They also publish anime/manga magazine called Arigato... and that's everything.
margaritas ante porcos

sheridan

Some great pictures on their facebook group...

jacob g

Me again. I just wonderin' how long will it takes to get acces to whole forum? Or should I PM someone?

I have like a ton question for CCF thread and many others regarding collected editions but still it's impossible for me.

Best regards.
margaritas ante porcos

Richmond Clements

Quote from: jacob g on 03 September, 2015, 10:38:22 AM
Me again. I just wonderin' how long will it takes to get acces to whole forum? Or should I PM someone?

I have like a ton question for CCF thread and many others regarding collected editions but still it's impossible for me.

Best regards.

You're in!

jacob g

Quote from: Richmond Clements on 03 September, 2015, 10:41:11 AM
Quote from: jacob g on 03 September, 2015, 10:38:22 AM

Best regards.

You're in!

Great and thanks for quick reply.
margaritas ante porcos

Colin YNWA

No a side note, judging by your avatar your a fan (?) of Greg Rucka and Michael Lark's Lazarus - its a really good comic isn't it.

jacob g

Quote from: Colin_YNWA on 03 September, 2015, 12:20:04 PM
No a side note, judging by your avatar your a fan (?) of Greg Rucka and Michael Lark's Lazarus - its a really good comic isn't it.

I even think it's the best ongoing series from american market right now. I totally love every aspect of this book, from worldbuilding and design to relationships between cast.
margaritas ante porcos

Colin YNWA

Quote from: jacob g on 03 September, 2015, 12:28:40 PM
Quote from: Colin_YNWA on 03 September, 2015, 12:20:04 PM

I even think it's the best ongoing series from american market right now. I totally love every aspect of this book, from worldbuilding and design to relationships between cast.

Yeah while its not at the top of my pile, its certainly not too far off. For me it reads like a straight edged 2000ad story, perhaps takes itself very seriously, but that aside a very good read.