Main Menu

Life is sometimes sort of okay because...

Started by House of Usher, 23 March, 2009, 05:17:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dandontdare

I have a letter printed in the latest Private Eye. Chuffed.

Even those of you who don't know my name shouldn't have trouble spotting which one it is. For a nerdy comic correction, should be glad it wasn't part of Pedantry Corner

JohnW

Why can't everybody just, y'know, be friends and everything? ... and uh ... And love each other!

The Legendary Shark

[move]~~~^~~~~~~~[/move]

Dandontdare

Quote from: The Legendary Shark on 29 October, 2022, 06:08:25 PM

Nice one.

How about a scan or something?

well I managed to get a pic from my phone to my laptop, but my shitty upload speeds mean I can't seem to get the fucker onto imgur to get it on here - pm me your mobile or e-mail and I'll zap it over.

JohnW

After an unexplained absence, my favoured brand of coffee and my preferred cheese are once more available in my local supermarket.

Coffee'n'cheese party round my place!
Why can't everybody just, y'know, be friends and everything? ... and uh ... And love each other!

Hawkmumbler

The two pillars upholding an all American, disconcertingly unstable, evergreen diet.

The Legendary Shark

Quote from: Dandontdare on 29 October, 2022, 06:58:59 PM
Quote from: The Legendary Shark on 29 October, 2022, 06:08:25 PM

Nice one.

How about a scan or something?

well I managed to get a pic from my phone to my laptop, but my shitty upload speeds mean I can't seem to get the fucker onto imgur to get it on here - pm me your mobile or e-mail and I'll zap it over.

Email sent :)

[move]~~~^~~~~~~~[/move]

The Legendary Shark

We're having a barbecue at the farm tonight to celebrate the First Day of Winter, or Winter Solstice, or Yule, or Just Because. There will be fires, food, friends, fun, foaming ale and frolickings under the firmament. Best of all, tomorrow is my day off and I've got my hangover all planned out.
[move]~~~^~~~~~~~[/move]

Definitely Not Mister Pops

John Fogerty has acquired the rights to his CCR back-catalogue. This is very pleasing to me. Turns our he is a fortunate son.

I might even buy the records again, just to give him a wee bit more cash for all the joy he has brought me.
You may quote me on that.

JohnW

On Saturday I gave my first public lecture since before the pandemic, and it went more or less fine. I didn't throw up, fall down, or impersonate Hitler. (The first two dangers are obvious; the third less so, but well known to anyone who's ever engaged in public speaking. Once you feel that the audience is on your side, there is a strong urge to go full Nuremberg rally.)
Best of all, given that this was a lecture on Irish history, my talk wasn't hijacked by some geriatric nationalist wrapping the green flag around himself. Believe me, it happens.

So anyway, I didn't cover myself with glory, but I didn't disgrace myself either.
And they presented me with a tie, so that was nice.

JohnW

Found a fiver on the ground today!
There was no one around so I picked it up and pocketed it.
I'll give it a couple of years until I reckon the heat's died down and then I can start living large.

Funt Solo

++ A-Z ++  coma ++

JohnW

No faces on euros.
Nice try, smart guy.

I'll be thinking of you when I'm drinking own-brand cordial from off the top shelf.

The Legendary Shark

Free money - sweet!

Indeed, the third-best fun to be had for a fiver is to superglue said fiver to the pavement.

[move]~~~^~~~~~~~[/move]

Something Fishy

I've finally started my sub again and am getting biologic treatment from this week for a long term condition that got very late diagnosis.

Very sort of ok week indeed.