Main Menu

2000ad suspected IP infringement thread

Started by The Enigmatic Dr X, 06 August, 2010, 12:48:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

CrazyFoxMachine

shaolin_monkey

Oh man, they're so cool!  Can we have an officially sanctioned version please?!?

SmallBlueThing

Jim_Campbell

Quote from: SmallBlueThing on 18 November, 2013, 05:22:25 PM
Not 2000AD, but here's one guaranteed to send an "ageing goth" of hereabout it's a HULK SMASH rage:

Hah. Reported. Well spotted!

Cheers

Jim
Stupidly Busy Letterer: Samples. | Blog
Less-Awesome-Artist: Scribbles.

BPP

Is this the thread to report the IDW Judge Death art?
If I'd known it was harmless I would have killed it myself.

http://futureshockd.wordpress.com/

http://twitter.com/#!/FutureShockd

COMMANDO FORCES

I was bored in the wee hours and saw this LIAM SHARP: DREDD POSTER on ebay. I knew that he only did a certain amount of posters and sold them himself, as myself and Pete collected ours at KAPOW. I knew it was a pirate job, just by reading what the seller wrote in all his rubbish further down his listing.

I asked him if he had the rights to this poster and his reply is as follows - We get our images from a digital database so I honesty wouldn't know about any specific limitations that were originally put in place. If you have any concerns you should raise them with the copyright holder.

The cheeky git, 'SPECIFIC LIMITATIONS' it ain't your image you piss taker.

I sent a short report (they don't give you many characters to play with) to ebay, saying that he has no right to use this image!

vzzbux

Drokking since 1972

Peace is a lie, there's only passion.
Through passion, I gain strength.
Through strength I gain power.
Through power, I gain victory.
Through victory, my chains are broken.

strontium71

I'm pretty sure they are genuine , Mr V - they came in singles and a multipack if I remember.
...because I hate you.

COMMANDO FORCES

Yep, those are genuine. I think it's the same company that brought out the standees. Before you ask, yes I bought the multipack ;)

vzzbux

No problem. Just never seen these before.

V
Drokking since 1972

Peace is a lie, there's only passion.
Through passion, I gain strength.
Through strength I gain power.
Through power, I gain victory.
Through victory, my chains are broken.

shaolin_monkey

Quote from: COMMANDO FORCES on 20 January, 2014, 02:19:38 PM
Yep, those are genuine. I think it's the same company that brought out the standees. Before you ask, yes I bought the multipack ;)

Do you still have that Youtube clip of one in action, when discussing ventilation with our US friends?

Spaceghost

Anyone seen a video game called Broforce before? It looks pretty cool actually, but one of the characters looks awfully familiar -

http://broforce.wikia.com/wiki/Bro_Dredd

Is this above board or do Rebellion need to unleash the fury?
Raised in the wild by sarcastic wolves.

Previously known as L*e B*tes. Sshhh, going undercover...

CrazyFoxMachine

"Bro Dredd is based on the fictional character Judge Dredd from the action film with the same name, Judge Dredd."

That makes me weep.

Jon

Quote from: CrazyFoxMachine on 14 February, 2014, 04:35:46 PM
"Bro Dredd is based on the fictional character Judge Dredd from the action film with the same name, Judge Dredd."

That makes me weep.

So why is he wearing the comic-style helmet rather then the Stallone movie-style helmet?

CrazyFoxMachine

I'd say the wiki was written by someone who's only aware of the film... whereas in the game..

who knows. He has yellow gloves - although the gun is (slightly) filmy.