Main Menu

Threadjacking!

Started by Proudhuff, 11 June, 2012, 02:32:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Richmond Clements

Well actually, I *did* think it too many.

Modern Panther

You don't get much lower down the journalistic pecking order than "food critic". 

"Well done, Tarquin, on your double first from Oxford in Art History and English.  What do you intend to do with your life now?  Politics, perhaps?  Or you could teach?"

"Actually, mummy, I've decided to go into journalism"

"Oh, splendid!  Uncle Henry can give you a job at that little newspaper of his.  What sort of field were you thinking about?  Politics?  Not...not foreign correspondent, surely?  Those foreigners, Tarquin, they can be awfully dangerous"

"No, mummy, nothing so horrid.  I thought I might just taste things and tell people what they taste like."

Spikes

Its December?!? How did that happen?

And why isnt it Wednesday yet? (I guess this bit should really be in the 'life sucks..' thread).

Frank

Prog 1812 was incredible; who would have guessed that this issue would be the one where the soon to be defunct Dandy was folded into 2000ad? It is in fact Desperate Dan who comes to the aid of MC1 in its darkest hour, by bending over all the lamp posts so Black Ops can't see where they're shooting, and spitting out water melon pips like they're bullets until Bachmann and her number lie as lifeless as Korky the Cat.

The final panel, where Dan, Hershey and a bed-bound Dredd all tuck into Aunt Aggie's cow pie, makes The Cold Deck an instant collector's item.

Bubba Zebill

Move over Movember...roll on Beardtober.
Judge Dredd : The Dark (Gamebook)
http://tinmangames.com.au/blog/?p=3105

Trout

Quote from: Temponaut on 01 December, 2012, 10:58:53 AM
You don't get much lower down the journalistic pecking order than "food critic".

Actually, it's a sought-after job, because you get free stuff.

Definitely Not Mister Pops

Quote from: Supermarine Troutfire on 01 December, 2012, 07:34:54 PM

I would have said astrologists were the lowest form of life. Buncha flim-flams, that's what they are.
You may quote me on that.

Richmond Clements

Quote from: Supermarine Troutfire on 01 December, 2012, 07:34:54 PM

Isn't that why *anybody* write reviews..?

Frank

Quote from: Pops on 01 December, 2012, 07:57:29 PM
I would have said astrologists were the lowest form of life. Buncha flim-flams, that's what they are.

Stop traducing Wagner and Grant. I'd pay good money to read the horoscopes they wrote for DCT publications, where they tried to freak out their readers by coming up with more sinister and insinuating readings than the week before.

SmallBlueThing

Sod Movember and Beardtober, roll on Fannuary, i say!

But nothing matters because Charlie Wossname won Im A Celebrity 2012- so yay!

SBT

Spikes

Quote from: Judge Jack on 25 November, 2012, 12:40:29 PM
Does anybody else have a place near them that reminds them of summat from the Prog?

Its everywhere!

Bubba Zebill

Quote from: SmallBlueThing on 01 December, 2012, 10:40:57 PM
Sod Movember and Beardtober, roll on Fannuary, i say!

But nothing matters because Charlie Wossname won Im A Celebrity 2012- so yay!

SBT

I don't usually do this, I tend to laugh internally. I will, for example, hear a laugh in my head although on the outside I am unlikely to even display a derisory smirk. On this occasion, however, I did what youngsters might refer to as a 'LOL'. In fact I LOL'd twice. indeed, roll on Fannuary.

* I suppressed my 3rd LOL when I immediately extrapolated on your suggestion to arrive at 'Mufftember'.
Judge Dredd : The Dark (Gamebook)
http://tinmangames.com.au/blog/?p=3105

SmallBlueThing

That's better than what i got to: Quimtober.

SBT

Definitely Not Mister Pops

I thought of a festive one, involving boughs of Holly. Deckedmember. Careful now.
You may quote me on that.