Main Menu

MEG 334 - This Means War.

Started by vzzbux, 15 March, 2013, 09:36:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

vzzbux

Nice to see this waiting for me this evening.

What a stunning cover by Neil Roberts (From an original cover sketch by Colin MacNeil)

Only Read Insurrection at the moment and what a start. This looks like its going to be a corker.

17 page count for sexy ostriches. and no letters page for buttman.

V
Drokking since 1972

Peace is a lie, there's only passion.
Through passion, I gain strength.
Through strength I gain power.
Through power, I gain victory.
Through victory, my chains are broken.

Mabs

My Blog: http://nexuswookie.wordpress.com/

My Twitter @nexuswookie

I, Cosh

The Meg starts with a quality comic Dredd from Messrs Wagner and Willsher that had me laughing out loud a couple of times and ends with a dense scene setting episode of Insurrection featuring precisely none of the existing cast.

In between Hondo City Justice concludes in not particularly dramatic fashion and a fifteen page chase scene is probably the most enjoyable episode of American Reaper I've read.

In this instance, the bread is definitely more nourishing than the filling. Best Meg for a while.
We never really die.

The Enigmatic Dr X

Last panel of Dredd = why Dredd is Dredd
Lock up your spoons!

Buttonman

Quote from: Mabs on 15 March, 2013, 09:43:59 PM
Buttman?  :o

Hello.

Yeah no letters since Meg 329 - 5 issues and none since the shift from 4-weekly to monthly. I believe we should all write in and complain (not that the letters will be printed anyway).

Richard

Surprised nobody has mentioned the woman with boobs so big they have wheels on them.

Boobywheels.

vzzbux

Not to mention Jon "G" Clay IV and Urb Karlan starring in the forth coming movie 'Yassa'

V
Drokking since 1972

Peace is a lie, there's only passion.
Through passion, I gain strength.
Through strength I gain power.
Through power, I gain victory.
Through victory, my chains are broken.

Proudhuff

Quote from: vzzbux on 15 March, 2013, 09:36:45 PM
Nice to see this waiting for me this evening.

What a stunning cover by Neil Roberts (From an original cover sketch by Colin MacNeil)

Only Read Insurrection at the moment and what a start. This looks like its going to be a corker.

17 page count for sexy ostriches. and no letters page for buttman.

Wot 'e said...

That cover has some wonderful detail on that metal on the cover.

Appart from the sexy ostriches that could have been compress into a five pages, a fine Meg, the highlight being INS III with a different slant on the story

Text story a nice one too, and Hondo cit wrapped up with a bow and a GRennie style intro for a new baddie
DDT did a job on me

James Stacey

No meg for me yet. Looking forward to Insurrection III. Has Sexy Ostriches shown any sign of coming to an end yet ?

Proudhuff

none,  this 17 pages one big bullet dodge/ chase  :-X
DDT did a job on me

Hawkmumbler

Sexy Ostriches is really starting to grind me down. Jesus wept, we got more story in Past Imperfect in last weeks prog than in the last three months of American Reaper!

Mabs

I quite like American Reaper. Its fast paced and regardless of the page count, goes along at a cracking pace. The 'artwork' did take some getting used to, but i feel it's still a fun read.
My Blog: http://nexuswookie.wordpress.com/

My Twitter @nexuswookie

hippynumber1

Quote from: James Stacey on 18 March, 2013, 12:02:56 PM
Has Sexy Ostriches shown any sign of coming to an end yet ?

Apparantly, this is the halfway mark - so another (seeming) lifetime of 'couldn't you have done this 5 pages?' I do quite like 'Sexy Ostriches' but 17 pages every month is taking the piss!

JUDGE BURNS

My MEG just arrived today ( tuesday???)   should have been here on saturday with my weekly prog.

GRRRR   useless royal mail.  >:(

Just had a quick scan thru the pages, looks really good. Will read it thru tonight in peace. :)

The Prodigal

I have been reading the meg for a few issues now. I have this strange syndrome that looks forward to the issue then feels relatively deflated after the actual reading of it.

I am in harder economic times these days and don't think I can justify the cover price particularly with American Reaper taking up so much space. I really like the story line but it is a 5 pager innit?