Main Menu

2000AD Sci-Fi Swipe File

Started by ming, 30 October, 2013, 06:21:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

credo

Quote from: Dark Jimbo on 06 February, 2016, 10:25:54 PM
Doctor Feeley-Good and his real-life visual inspiration, the 77-ton 'Beetle'; apparently the largest robot ever built!

http://tanks-a-lot.tumblr.com/post/125619903017/the-beetle-was-a-robot-designed-for-the-air

There's a certain ironic joy in the idea of something as precise as a robot surgeon having the form of the 'heaviest robot ever'.

That Crime Zone film sounds like a fantastic plot for a Dredd story - have we ever had a Bonnie and Clyde type pairing? Always love me some Chopper-style futile-rail-against-the-system heroes.

SuperSurfer

Homage rather than swipe. Always loved this 2000AD advert that appeared in Star Lord in July 1978.

Clearly Kevin O'Neill art. Based on this classic Pepsi advert https://youtu.be/jB8rnZ-0dKw.

My older brother had a T-shirt at the time with the Pepsi advert text.

credo

Quote from: SuperSurfer on 19 February, 2016, 02:49:02 PM
Homage rather than swipe. Always loved this 2000AD advert that appeared in Star Lord in July 1978.

Clearly Kevin O'Neill art. Based on this classic Pepsi advert https://youtu.be/jB8rnZ-0dKw.

My older brother had a T-shirt at the time with the Pepsi advert text.

A joy. Makes me think of mid-nineties Nirvana tees.

Spikes

From the art of Brian Lewis FB page...   

The Enigmatic Dr X

I find it interesting that two thirds of the current prog is the same lineup as Starlord in 1978!
Lock up your spoons!

Leigh S

Quote from: The Enigmatic Dr X on 01 March, 2016, 08:53:46 PM
I find it interesting that two thirds of the current prog is the same lineup as Starlord in 1978!

BRING BACK MIND WARS!

sheridan

Quote from: The Enigmatic Dr X on 01 March, 2016, 08:53:46 PM
...and that three fifths is the same as 2000AD and Starlord immediately after the merger!

johnnystress

Just spotted this today. Gibson's cover predates The Rook by a few years.

Jim_Campbell

Quote from: johnnystress on 10 March, 2016, 04:19:18 PM

Yeah... I googled this after I saw you post this on FB — that issue of The Rook was published in 1981, and the cover depicts one of the stories inside, rather than being a generic painting that might have been painted years earlier and bought in from an agency.

Cheers

Jim
Stupidly Busy Letterer: Samples. | Blog
Less-Awesome-Artist: Scribbles.

johnnystress

Damn. I went through the thread and saw it had already been mentioned.

johnnystress

Quote from: Jim_Campbell on 10 March, 2016, 04:30:30 PM

Yeah... I googled this after I saw you post this on FB — that issue of The Rook was published in 1981, and the cover depicts one of the stories inside, rather than being a generic painting that might have been painted years earlier and bought in from an agency.

cool!

Cheers

Jim

Albion

Prog 1113. Slaine, The Swan Children. Art by Siku.
Is that Slaine's palace or Jabba the Hutt's?

Dumb all over, a little ugly on the side.

sheridan

Quote from: Jim_Campbell on 10 March, 2016, 04:30:30 PM

Yeah... I googled this after I saw you post this on FB — that issue of The Rook was published in 1981, and the cover depicts one of the stories inside, rather than being a generic painting that might have been painted years earlier and bought in from an agency.

Cheers

Jim

I'm wondering why the blokes are wearing coats while she's wandering around in her underwear...

james newell

really like this topic so i will put my own Swipe\Homage, whatever to see if it can be rebooted back to life.

by james after

Ramon Sola

Albion

Published in the same year as the Terra-Meks story in Ro-Busters.
Cover by Angus McKie

Dumb all over, a little ugly on the side.