Main Menu

2000 AD - The Ultimate Collection

Started by Molch-R, 27 February, 2017, 06:03:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hackenbush

Don't forget to add in some of the Friday stories from the specials - some written by John Smith and some illustrated by Chris Weston.

I'd actually quite like a volume with some of the other Friday stories - Ron Smith's colour art was awesome. But I would fully understand the ultimate collection not having a single page written by Michael Fleisher.

abelardsnazz

Mercy Heights contains:

Book 1
Dead of Winter
Book 2
Remembrance Day
Blue Murder
Crucible
Refugee

IndigoPrime

So some, but not all of, Tor Cyan. Odd. A pity they couldn't fit in the other bits—we're missing, what, six episodes?

Dark Jimbo

Well there's an end to the speculation! That's brilliant, all the Kev Walker stories. Such a shame not to be able to finish his adventures with the Jock stories, but the KW stuff is what I was really hoping for.
@jamesfeistdraws

Link Prime

Quote from: IndigoPrime on 04 August, 2021, 12:14:17 PM
So some, but not all of, Tor Cyan. Odd. A pity they couldn't fit in the other bits—we're missing, what, six episodes?

Bout a half dozen episodes each of Colin Wilson / Jock.

Shame not to close it out with the Rahab storyline, particularly the very last page, and its callback to Remembrance Day.

IndigoPrime

Makes me wonder what's going to be in War Machine, then. Random bits of Fr1day? *shudder*

The Mind of Wolfie Smith

i trust there will be a complete captain klep in the extension. just for the craic. covers thicker than the content. content thicker than almost anything else in comics ...

sintec

It's a fairly chunky volume then.

For the sake of completeness I'd have preferred a fuller run in the extension. I guess the rest could still turn up there but it'd feel like an odd editorial choice to split it up like that.

The whole of The Hit arc of Rogue would fit in with War Machine. Not read it but I don't hear good things.

Jade Falcon

Still no replacement for my VC's volume 2 yet, I'm starting to get concerned.
When the truth offends, we lie and lie until we can no longer remember it is even there, but it is still there. Every lie we tell incurs a debt to the truth. Sooner or later, that debt is paid. That is how an RBMK reactor core explodes. Lies. - Valery Legasov

MumboJimbo

Quote from: IndigoPrime on 04 August, 2021, 01:03:25 PM
Makes me wonder what's going to be in War Machine, then. Random bits of Fr1day? *shudder*

There's some lovely Ron Smith art to be had. A little stiff in places, but the colours really pop. Did he do his own colouring? The script though may just be the thinnest gruel ever served up by TMO.

Dark Jimbo

Quote from: IndigoPrime on 04 August, 2021, 01:03:25 PM

I suppose The 86ers is viable. Not great, but certainly not on the level of Fr1day - and you could get the entire run in the book.
@jamesfeistdraws

Jade Falcon

Quote from: Dark Jimbo on 12 August, 2021, 11:39:59 AM
I suppose The 86ers is viable. Not great, but certainly not on the level of Fr1day - and you could get the entire run in the book.

I liked the 86ers, but the only thing I felt was that the story seemed to come to an abrupt end as if there was more to be had.
When the truth offends, we lie and lie until we can no longer remember it is even there, but it is still there. Every lie we tell incurs a debt to the truth. Sooner or later, that debt is paid. That is how an RBMK reactor core explodes. Lies. - Valery Legasov

robprosser

Does the Absalom book have Graduation Day in it?

abelardsnazz

Quote from: robprosser on 19 August, 2021, 04:34:57 PM
Does the Absalom book have Graduation Day in it?

It does, making it another series complete in the collection.

Wouldn't mind an idea of everything that's going to be in the extension extension - by my reckoning that's going to be January onwards?

robprosser