Main Menu

Judge Dredd: Blaze of Glory - coming March 2022

Started by Dash Decent, 20 July, 2021, 01:18:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dash Decent

Judge Dredd: Blaze of Glory - paperback, 144 pages, 1st March 2022

Fast, furious and hysterically funny stories from the pen of Al Ewing (Marvel's Immortal Hulk), chronicling the highs and lows of Judge Dredd, Lawman of the Future. This action packed collection has an exclusive Liam Sharp (Green Lantern) cover.

I'd struggle to overstate how much I enjoy and admire Al Ewing's work [...] A typical Ewing story is technically ambitious, ethically astute, and intellectually playful. In short; great fun. - Sequart

Go on patrol and see Mega-City One - and beyond - through the eyes of Al Ewing (Immortal Hulk), one of the most original writers in comics, as Judge Dredd dispenses justice to mutants, laidback religious cults, the Sex Olympics and Santa Claus. But when polite ex-stripper Zombo appears in his dimension, has old Stoney Face finally met his match?

Collecting many of Ewing's outrageous Dredd stories for the first time and featuring an all-star cast of artists, including Liam Sharp (Green Lantern, Wonder Woman), John Higgins (Dreadnoughts: Breaking Ground, Judge Dredd, Watchmen), Simon Fraser (Judge Dredd, Nikolai Dante) and Ben Willsher (Roy of the Rovers, Judge Dredd), this is an essential collection for fans of the Law.
- By Appointment -
Hero to Michael Carroll

"... rank amateurism and bad jokes." - JohnW.

GoGilesGo

Koan, Idle Hands and Blaze of Glory are all good reads.

Anyone know what else is collected in this edition?

Max Headroom

Can anyone tell me what the name of the Dredd story featuring Zombo was called and also what issue it appeared in?
Many thanks.

broodblik

It was in last years sci-fi special, the story was called The Immigrant, art by Jake Lynch:

https://shop.2000ad.com/catalogue/SPE2001

When I die, I want to die like my grandfather who died peacefully in his sleep. Not screaming like all the passengers in his car.

Old age is the Lord's way of telling us to step aside for something new. Death's in case we didn't take the hint.

Colin YNWA

It was last years Sci-fi special. Seems to be out of print in the shop - though sure you can get it elsewhere if you don't do digital.

https://shop.2000ad.com/catalogue/SPE2001

Edit: beaten to the punch by broodblik