Main Menu

Do we know what Dredd looks like?

Started by kev67, 28 April, 2021, 10:26:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Funt Solo

If you mean the photographer story, it's Shaggy's Big Shoot, prog 1539 (Robbie Morrison & Mike McMahon).
++ A-Z ++  coma ++

GoGilesGo

Quote from: TordelBack on 29 April, 2021, 07:42:00 PM
I suppose I see it more that Dredd-under-the-helmet is unfamiliar to citizens because he's always in uniform, indeed he is the uniform. He's on duty 23hrs 50min a day, every day, and so he wears the helmet. It's not like he consciously hides his face, or that it's a state secret.

This is also a nice way to explain "So THAT'S what he looks like." from the Sov Judge when Dredd's helmet is removed after he shoots Chief Judge Griffin, then turns the gun on himself.

I, Cosh

Guys. Clones wouldn't necessarily look identical.
We never really die.

JayzusB.Christ

Quote from: Funt Solo on 29 April, 2021, 08:09:36 PM
Seems only fair to also post up the Dredd-after-a-face-change image:

Sort of a Spitting Image version of Shane from the Walking Dead / the telly Punisher there. 

Also I remember the run-up to Necropolis where Dredd's true face was being hinted at left, right and centre.  Carlos was having none of your shit, though, pulling that Dead Man hat right down over those square eyes.
"Men will never be free until the last king is strangled with the entrails of the last priest"

Dark Jimbo

Quote from: JayzusB.Christ on 30 April, 2021, 09:58:57 AM
Quote from: Funt Solo on 29 April, 2021, 08:09:36 PM
Seems only fair to also post up the Dredd-after-a-face-change image:

Sort of a Spitting Image version of Shane from the Walking Dead / the telly Punisher there. 

It's 40s film actor Rondo Hatton -

@jamesfeistdraws

JayzusB.Christ

So it is - I'd forgotten it was based on a real person.  I can still see a little bit of Jon Bernthal there though...

"Men will never be free until the last king is strangled with the entrails of the last priest"

Definitely Not Mister Pops

I mean, if we're just posting people with impressive jawlines, here's Robert Z'Dar
You may quote me on that.

JayzusB.Christ

If anyone posts a photo of Jimmy Hill or Bruce Forsythe I'll petrol bomb this forum myself.

milstar

Heh, I'd forgotten those!  I suppose I see it more that Dredd-under-the-helmet is unfamiliar to citizens because he's always in uniform, indeed he is the uniform. He's on duty 23hrs 50min a day, every day, and so he wears the helmet. It's not like he consciously hides his face, or that it's a state secret.

Off topic:i think the idea of him wasting ten minutes on the nap is worth another thread.
Reyt, you lot. Shut up, belt up, 'n if ye can't see t' bloody exit, ye must be bloody blind.

JayzusB.Christ

I would sell all I own for a sleep machine.  You'd make the money back in weeks.

milstar

Quote from: JayzusB.Christ on 30 April, 2021, 01:48:51 PM
I would sell all I own for a sleep machine.  You'd make the money back in weeks.

Oh, I would kill for that machine.
Reyt, you lot. Shut up, belt up, 'n if ye can't see t' bloody exit, ye must be bloody blind.

Dash Decent

Quote from: Dark Jimbo on 30 April, 2021, 12:19:30 PM
It's 40s film actor Rondo Hatton -

If this isn't in the Swipe file thread, it should be.
- By Appointment -
Hero to Michael Carroll

"... rank amateurism and bad jokes." - JohnW.

Dash Decent

I see it more that Dredd-under-the-helmet is unfamiliar to citizens because he's always in uniform, indeed he is the uniform. He's on duty 23hrs 50min a day, every day, and so he wears the helmet. It's not like he consciously hides his face, or that it's a state secret.

That's my view too.  We've certainly seen him getting into uniform, helmet off - just not in a way we can see.  The story (which has now been mentioned) about the photographer going after a pic of his face as if it were the holy grail was a mistake, in my opinion.  And it is a bit of a game for the reader - having Dredd wearing his helmet while taking a bath etc is just hilarious.
- By Appointment -
Hero to Michael Carroll

"... rank amateurism and bad jokes." - JohnW.