Main Menu

Prog 2295 - Burns Black

Started by NapalmKev, 14 August, 2022, 10:09:08 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

norton canes

There must, must surely be people wanting to adapt Brink as a TV series? I know it's not Marvel or DC but I can't believe it hasn't found its way onto some commissioning executive's radar. If I were Rebellion I'd be pushing for this to be the first show made in their new studios, not 'Mega-City One'.

And testament to the sheer range of 2000 AD that in the same prog it gives us one of its most disturbing offerings and one of its most hilarious. "Grud, that's a lot of suspect sausage..."

Jaegir for once trailing in third place but only because two other strips have delivered something so special.

nxylas

Quote from: Magnetica on 14 August, 2022, 09:56:53 PM
True-ish. I'm hard pressed to remember if it's Nolan Blake or Blake Nolan.
*Tommy Cooper voice* Nolan Blake, Blake Nolan...just like that.
AIEEEEEE! It's the...THING from the HELL PLANET!

Proudhuff

Quote from: NapalmKev on 14 August, 2022, 10:09:08 AM
Cover by INJ Culbard.

Dredd - Naked Lunch. A literal sausage-fest of mega proportions. Militant meat heads are foiled by everyone's favourite psychic, Moe Hallam and her ability to see people naked. Very funny episode and proof positive that knob jokes are still relevant in the modern age. Highlight of the Prog!

Skip Tracer - Valhalla, Part Nine. That's right, part nine damn you! Nolan Blake kills some fools and then comes face to face with the Devil, because why not? I enjoyed the bit right at the end when it said Skip Tracer returns in two weeks time! which means I get a week off from it. I'm being churlish!

Brink - Mercury Retrograde, Part Twenty Four. Not being a fan I had low expectations with this double episode finale but I'm glad to be proven wrong. It's a great ending that really didn't need 23 episodes of build-up, IMO.

Jaegir - Ferox, Part Five. Jaegir just continues to be excellent. Great colouring that really lifts the already stunning artwork. Quality!

There's a letters page.

Cheers

This^^^ sums it up nicely for me too.
DDT did a job on me

The Enigmatic Dr X

Some people are oddly defensive of Brink in the letters page, if you ask me.
Lock up your spoons!

Proudhuff

maybe its just me, but given Megacity's ethnic make up isn't that Sausage fest very very white/pink?
DDT did a job on me

paddykafka

Quote from: Proudhuff on 19 August, 2022, 10:01:12 AM
maybe its just me, but given Megacity's ethnic make up isn't that Sausage fest very very white/pink?

No. It's just a really, really, really, really, really light shade of red.  :D