Main Menu

Favourite CURRENT art droid Round 1 - D’Israeli or John Higgins

Started by Colin YNWA, 13 November, 2020, 06:33:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

SmallBlueThing(Reborn)

Has to be Higgins. However much I love D'israeli for Leviathan and Scarlet Traces, Higgins has been an artist I've admired since a small boy.

SBT

JayzusB.Christ

D'Israeli is a breath of fresh air, every time - his brave departure from the guns-n-muscles style, and constant experimentation with new styles, makes him a winner.

But not in this post, I'm afraid.  There's the early democracy storylines where nobody quite captured the fascist, cold-blooded look of Dredd like John Higgins.  There was the Phantom of the Shoppera, and yeah, the Shooting Match.  And now he's still nailing the faceless authoritarian look of the judges with Dreadnoughts.  So just like I did at the last Irish presidential election, I'm voting Higgins.
"Men will never be free until the last king is strangled with the entrails of the last priest"

paddykafka

Damn, this is one of the hardest choices yet - for some reason I'm finding it far more difficult to choose between Art Droids than Script Droids - but it's John Higgins for his work on Dredd, in particular.

Timothy

D'Israeli just squeaks it here for me, but this is the closest one so far.

Funt Solo

I love the work of John Higgins and D'Israeli, both.

My vote goes to D'Israeli, for Scarlet Traces:

++ A-Z ++  coma ++

BPP

The demon Draughtsman himself.  Top 3 for the last - what 20? - years at least.
If I'd known it was harmless I would have killed it myself.

http://futureshockd.wordpress.com/

http://twitter.com/#!/FutureShockd

abelardsnazz

Argh, these don't get any easier. I may have a different view tomorrow, but today my vote goes to John Higgins for so many fantastic Dredds over the years.

DrJomster

They're both awesome but it's D'Israeli for me. Absolutely love his work.

I actually just re-read Leviathan this week. Gorgeous!
The hippo has wisdom, respect the hippo.

Colin YNWA

Some glorious illustrations as to why each artist deserves your vote. So if you haven't get that vote in now before I count up in the morning. From a quick scan this one is close so each vote could make a big difference.

Daveycandlish

D'Israeli has such a unique style and I love it. He's my choice.
An old-school, no-bullshit, boys-own action/adventure comic reminiscent of the 2000ads and Eagles and Warlords and Battles and other glorious black-and-white comics that were so, so cool in the 70's and 80's - Buy the hardback Christmas Annual!

Sean SD

IndigoPrime

Higgins is often great, although I find his people 'stiff'. D'Israeli is a pioneer of digital and a master of varied, interesting styles. In the latter case, he reminds me a lot of McMahon on bringing a level of visual excitement to the page that's rarely matched.

So: Higgins is a great, no doubt about that, but D'Israeli easily takes this one for me.

Colin YNWA

VOTING CLOSED

One of the busiest and by the sound of it most difficult votes today. And it was indeed those last day votes that swung it to

D'Israeli

Ahead of yesterday John Higgins was just pulling in more votes. Both have stood out as so popular here.