Main Menu

Mezco Judge Dredd!

Started by Grugz, 22 July, 2014, 07:31:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TheTooN

I've still got my Legendary Comic Book Heroes Dredd and Death and a couple from Re-Action. Great toys not beaten until now at many times the price.

I'm hoping the guy who was at SDCC will help out on the blue set. If he's willing to help (for a small fee for his time) I'd be happy to pass his details on to anyone else. He helps out a few of the guys in a Facebook group I'm in and has been solid so far. SDCC Dredd and Captain America were here in 6 days with no customs.

My fave bike is still the blue PX one moly. If you want a matching set and dont hate Disco Dredd thats the one I would go for + the extra's with him are solid. If you want a bike to add to your NYCC Dredd I think he looks pretty good on the black one.

moly

Cheers thetoon I gave in and had the px delivered today must say very happy with it and very impressive toy sorry collectable  I will be impressed if the 3a version is as good

drsmuts

Took the plunge and ordered the dark suit version from Amazon the other day, pricey but it's amazing and the packaging is wonderful. To be honest, I preferred the accessories, etc with Disco Dredd but that suit was just too spandexy!

TheTooN

Mezco's packaging is top notch, opening 3A's blisters feels like sacrilege. I ruined my first card opening Death but used a knife on the others and kept them looking good. Accessories only coming with specific variants is sneaky but they are all at it. Mez did it with Disco Dredd, 3A are doing it with their 3rd Lawmaster set. Wonder how many folk would still have bought Disco Dredd if not for those funky extras tho.

Gratz on the PX set moly :) I've been up and down on 3A's Lawmaster, its the bike I grew up with and love but I'm still worried about build quality. 3A toys look amazing but they are definitely delicate in comparison with Mezco. I hope the pre-orders we are waiting for blow us away.

Ebay update.

2nd SDCC set arrived, Ebay have now changed their tune about being able to return it. 3 separate phone calls to 3 different Customer support folks over the last 10 days. No problem to return it. We will help you despite the seller saying no returns.

Open a return, within 10 minutes it had been closed by the seller. Called UK Ebay this time. Nope sorry nothing you can do. I'm absolutely fine with that, I'm a big boy and I was on the piss when I bought it. What on Earth do they teach their support staff if 3 different people told me I can. I'm waiting for a callback from management today to have a whinge ;) Its not the money, I told the seller (politely) that Ebay said it could be returned and now he's having a giggle at my expense.

I'm not sure what I want to do with the 2nd set. I'm fine to keep the pair but I dont want to look like a greedy git and have 2 of the 50. I've added together the cost of buying, importing (and the taxes on the Ebay one) divided by 2 and it comes out around £410. If anyone's interested at that price gimmie a shout. I can provide full and complete breakdowns of both items, this is cost and I'd make a £100 loss selling the Ebay bike at that price.

I'll give it a couple of days, if no-one asks I'll open it and add to my display. It wont be going up on Ebay or be offered elsewhere, just wanted to give forum peeps a shout.

Dash Decent

Quote from: TheTooN on 11 August, 2016, 09:38:45 AM
Accessories only coming with specific variants is sneaky but they are all at it. Mez did it with Disco Dredd, 3A are doing it with their 3rd Lawmaster set.

I think I missed that.  What extras are 3A adding to the third Lawmaster set?
- By Appointment -
Hero to Michael Carroll

"... rank amateurism and bad jokes." - JohnW.

TheTooN

Final blue variant is going by Apocalypse War Dredd. I asked about a Stub Gun and the reply was 'its not an Apocalypse War without a Stub Gun'.

Maybe I'm adding 2 and 2 and getting 5 but I took that to mean it will come with the blue set in the same way Mezco did Cursed Earth with the cloak and shotty. I hope I didnt get the wrong end of the stick, Stub-Gun is a must if your gonna call it that.

Dash Decent

- By Appointment -
Hero to Michael Carroll

"... rank amateurism and bad jokes." - JohnW.

inkymonkey

And courtesy of the most awesome blackmocco, a B&W Lawmaster set. Cheers Mick!

Now - do I open it...?

COMMANDO FORCES

How on earth does yours arrive in the outback before the mother country :o

TheTooN

Gratz Inkymonkey its a beaut.

Word of warning tho, mine have already lost paint from the seat from a one time sitting for a pic. I asked Mez if these 50 were hand painted as they look very different to the others. All they would say is that yes a different paint app was used. Black and blue bike have been used a lot with no issues but this one needs kid gloves if you want to keep it pristine.

Second pic just for laughs :)

Banners

Worth over £400, and the paint comes off after one go...?!?

TheTooN

I sent Mezco that photo along with my query on the paint app but I didnt get much of a response other than saying it wasnt the usual paint app. I didnt complain about the seat, I just wondered why the paint was so different to the others. Hand painted would have been a logical answer.

Its no biggie, my toys lose paint over time anyway cos I cant leave them alone. I know others like to keep them perfect which is why I posted a headsup, hopefully it was useful to someone.

As far as what its worth for the quality. Better paint on the seat would have been nice for sure but its not a killer for me as I re-pose and re-arrange my stuff all the time. I accept that joints wear and paint rubs off if you play with adult collectibles. I'm a big kid so its par for the course. Imagine the carnage with my 3A figs  :o >:D

COMMANDO FORCES

Mine hasn't lost any paint, mainly as it's in customs :lol:

Pete Wells

Gnnnnnggggggg! Black and white Mezco Lawmaster is in the back of my car and I can't sneak it past Mrs Pete! I'm gonna pop! Aaaaaaagh!

Huge, huge, HUGE thanks and girly kisses to Blackmocco for making at least three boarders VERY happy. A legend!

Pete Wells

Wahooooooooo!!!

Not a bad toy week! (Note the obligatory Scotch Eggs.)