Main Menu

Recent posts

Film & TV / Re: Last movie watched...
Last post by The Legendary Shark - Today at 09:40:37 PM

Godzilla x Kong - The new Empire. Huge great monsters knocking huge great chunks out of one another while crushing huge great numbers of people underfoot. I watch these films because they're the ones the eight-year-old me always wanted to watch. He's still in here, loving this awesome rubbish and wondering why I don't play out any more.

Events / Re: Lawless 2024
Last post by Jim_Campbell - Today at 08:16:53 PM
Quote from: Marbles on Today at 07:45:27 PM(He's definitely not on the list of guests on the lawlesscomiccon website which is where I was looking ?)

That list is definitely out of date — I'm not on it, either!  :D

Here's the most up-to-date guest list, from the Lawless FB page...

Last post by Marbles - Today at 07:45:27 PM
Many thanks re confirming about Garth Ennis, good news. (He's definitely not on the list of guests on the lawlesscomiccon website which is where I was looking ?)
Announcements / Re: 2000 AD - The Ultimate Col...
Last post by Le Fink - Today at 07:44:01 PM
Quote from: Funt Solo on Today at 06:36:23 PMI did my best to collate all the Corann and Lesley Ryan stories.

I will check that out, thanks
Off Topic / Re: Boys Adventure comic blog
Last post by Richard S. - Today at 07:37:56 PM
Quote from: Colin YNWA on Today at 09:36:49 AMWow have to say that pin is lovely - especially when compared to some of the other stuff!

yeah, there was definitely plenty of tat produced back in the day and this is a cut above in quality terms, would happily have one in my collection
Last post by Colin YNWA - Today at 07:05:04 PM
Excellent stuff!
Announcements / Re: 2000 AD - The Ultimate Col...
Last post by Funt Solo - Today at 06:36:23 PM
I did my best to collate all the Corann and Lesley Ryan stories.
Prog / Re: Prog 2382: Beware Iron Tee...
Last post by Woolly - Today at 06:24:55 PM
Quote from: M.I.K. on Today at 02:27:25 PMThe Gorbals

A lovely couple, lots of fun...

Books & Comics / Re: Completely Self-absorbed T...
Last post by Colin YNWA - Today at 05:41:39 PM
Quote from: BadlyDrawnKano on 13 May, 2024, 04:31:51 PM...And I've very conflicting feelings about Black Hammer, though partially that's because I loved how it began, but then it ended in a manner I didn't gel with, except that wasn't the ending, and what I've read of it since then has left me unsure of the direction it's going in. I've yet to finish it currently, and I don't even know if the most recent ending is the final ending, and given that I'm not sure I've the inclination to find out...

Oh man I have mixed feeling about Black Hammer - The End. I'd pretty much loved all of Black Hammer to that point, the odd exception aside and think I've got pretty much it all. Then 'The End' kinda read like the very thing it was paying tribute to as an inspiration. Just a great big event comic tyoe feel. Now that doesn't feel like it should have been a bad thing, but it strangely was on first reading.

Black Hammer has its place on my countdown and that set now BUT I had such mixed feeling about the end I've got that final (I believe) series out to re-read before I write it up as it may well change my entry (if not postion) as it might become about how sticking the landing can be so important!

We'll see I have a suspision I'll enjoy it more on re-read so I'm trying to reserve judgement!
Last post by Hawkmumbler - Today at 05:40:02 PM
Quote from: Colin YNWA on 07 May, 2024, 09:27:46 AM
Quote from: Hawkmumbler on 07 May, 2024, 09:22:24 AMEvery year for about 5 years now I've been promising I'll make Lawless someday. Think it was about 2 years ago I promised myself I'd make it, if I wasn't able to do so sooner, to the 10th anniversary convention.

Initially I wrote it off, as the weekend in question is when I was supposed to be doing a van run to help my sister move into her temporary summer digs in Manchester before she starts Uni in September.
Turns out that's been delayed until the following weekend, so might sneak in a cheeky Saturday only trip.
See folks there!

oh that's fantastic news. Its been too long since we caught up Zac.

Belated response but likewise Colin, been far far too long.
Tickets for both Saturday con and trains all lined up, see folks there!