Main Menu

Let's Knife! Sign up here for a tour of duty on Nu-Earth.

Started by DavidXBrunt, 14 February, 2004, 01:21:02 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

DavidXBrunt

I'm working on the opening act, so to speak. When that's done I'll have half a dozen very loose story synopsisesisii for the first 'arc' and the character profiles for the principal cast.

I'll make that available for anyone interested as soon as.

Apologies for the felay, I'm being forced to be educated against my will which is taking time up...

DavidXBrunt

Thinky, as for the web-hosting...many many thanks, that would be supoib.

Woolly

"i'd love to help, but ima talentless teenaged waste of space."

I say give it a go! After all, you wont know if your talentless or not till you try!

Personally, im a bit stretched for time. But if i can do something, be it a pin up or whatever, i'll do it!

Might even try my hand at writing....

Mr D

I'd like to try, but I don't know enough about RT and Nu-Earth sadly.

DavidXBrunt

S'alright. There should be plenty of chances for stories that are only tangenitally connected to the series, as long as the idea for the story is good enough.

Bolt-01

I'm looking forward to this big time! Bring it on!

bolt-01

maj

sign me up, though with my time constraints, I may have a bit of trouble getting anything done til May - oh well, I'm always here for people to bounce ideas off I guess

Mr C

Sorry it's late, but I've had to concentrate on my new job, so I've not had much time to write anything, anyway, here's my own synopsis for an opening episode centered on the "behind enemy lines" idea. DXB-please let me know what ideas you have and has anyone got any decent map-making skills?

Opens with the troopers on a drop ship, g-force rattling them, sergeant psyching them up, introduction to our Protagonist.
They drop down near the Nort base and all hell breaks loose as the Southers are scattered on the drop site and then massacred by a surprise attack from a Nort Kommando detachment.
Our hero manages to escape from the attack and meets up with the few other survivors. The rest of the squad is introduced at this point.
The squad work their way through an old battlefield, the protagonist is almost killed by a booby trap.
They find an old bombed out base and set themselves up whilst the sergeant tries to contact HQ and find out where the hell they are. No luck however as their equipment is either lost or destroyed.
The lookout spots a small Nort Search and Destroy force heading straight for them. The Squad prepare themselves, setting up machine gun nests and some mines at key points and get ready for an attack that leaves them low on ammo, short on morale and with a Nort prisoner of war.
After a ?pep talk? the squad moves out towards what he thinks is the nearest Souther base.

Little do they realise however, that they are being watched by someone wearing a Stealth Suit?

DavidXBrunt

Plenty of nice idead there Mr C, some of which could easily make their way into the story.

Woolly

DXB - Im working on a rough script for you, I'll email it when its done.

Just dont hold your breath while you wait!!

Valhalla

Heya,

I'd love to be part of this. I've always wanted to be a writer so this would be a little taster for me.

I have an idea for one soldier's story as well.

This weekend I'll hopefully have time for some Rogue rereading and some thinking.

You mentioned the you wanted to start with prose than have strips follow later. This is understandable as doing fully fledged strip involves so much more. The chances of a non-pro artist having time to illustrate a whole strip are probably slim.

Perhaps one way we could do it is the same way text stories are handled in the Meg ie. for every page of text there is a key scene illustrated.

Valhalla

DavidXBrunt

It was when Mitov smiled that he most resembled a shark. One of his fellow officer class cadets had told him this in anger once but, typically, he'd taken it as a compliment. He was smiling now, and was closing in on his prey.

Mitov had left his flight compartment because he was sick of hearing his fellow nascent officers talking about their upcoming tour of duty. For once he'd been unable to divert conversation onto his favourite subject, himself, and so had sat in silence for a while, uncommunicative and silent. When he realised that people could have taken this as a sign of his worries and fears about the next few days he'd made an announcement to those around him that he was going for a walk. His pride was a little injured when no one pleaded with him to stay even though he'd lingered by the hatch door to allow time to do so.

And so, after taking time to smooth the creases from his freshly laundered dress uniform and to admire his blandly handsome features in the reflection in the window he'd strode out and into the corridor that linked the officers flight quarters with the rest of the ship. Junior Officer Mitov had nodded imperiously to any passing Troopers and stopped to 'network' with anyone senior to himself before marching off along the corridor with all the appearance of a man with purpose even though, if pressed, he didn't have the faintest idea where he was going.

Running his hand along the faint stubble on his square jaw he meandered along the corridor and along past the stores. He was just thinking how utterly bored he was when he spotted someone seemingly out of place. Unlike the carriers crew in their dull grey flight suits there was a figure in a blue uniform rooting amongst the cupboards and boxes. Smiling his toothy, cruel, smile Mitov turned on his heels and headed towards the man in blue. With a cough that was designed more to attract the attention of the other people in the corridor than to announce himself Mitov folded his arms and waited to be noticed.

JimBob

I've been giving this a bit of thought and had a couple of  ideas but a few questions:
 How do they communicate with those suits on? Is it by radio or do they just shout real loud?
 Do they use tanks? I can;t remember any in the original series?
 What were those weird Nort robo-foetus things called again? Waldos? and what could they do?

Bolt-01

DXB, I'll have the pictures for the site banners ready this week with a bit of luck.

Do you want to see them before I mail them to Thinky? If so will you let me have a E-mail address as you cant attach to sendmail.

Bolt-01

thinky

dxb

i've been in fairly constant communication with Bolt-01 re the layout and design of the site...

can you contact me and let me know where we're (collectively) at and i'll give you the address of the temp site?

thinky
you think this isn't me? that's so sweet...
//http://www.adverseCamber.co.uk