Main Menu

DREDD 3D on home video Jan. 22, 2013

Started by The Adventurer, 04 October, 2012, 07:25:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Goaty

UltraViolet is a digital rights authentication and cloud-based licensing system that allows users of digital home entertainment content to stream and download purchased content to multiple platforms and devices. Wikipedia

chuffsteruk

U.S Blu Ray press release:

Lionsgate has officially announced that Dredd 3D is coming home on January 8. The film will be available on Blu-ray, Blu-ray 3D, DVD, Digital Download, and PPV. The press release says:

Adapted by Alex Garland from John Wagner and Carlos Ezquerra's legendary comic book and filmed in stunning 3-D, Dredd, explodes onto 3-D Blu-ray Disc (includes 3-D and standard version of the film plus Digital Copy and UV), DVD (includes Digital Copy and UV), Digital Download, On Demand and Pay-Per-View January 8 from Lionsgate Home Entertainment. Mixing pulse-pounding action with mesmerizing visual effects sequences, the post-apocalyptic thriller hailed by audiences and critics alike stars Karl Urban (Star Trek), Olivia Thirlby (Juno) and Lena Headey (HBO's "Game Of Thrones").

The Blu-ray and DVD will include this all new bonus content:

"Mega-City Masters": 35 Years of Judge Dredd" featurette
"Day of Chaos: The Visual Effects of Dredd 3D" featurette
"Dredd" featurette
"Dredd's Gear" featurette
"The 3rd Dimension" featurette
"Welcome to Peachtrees" featurette
Dredd Motion Comic Prequel

Spikes

Interesting.
Id hoped for a FX heavy set of featurettes, and that looks like thats what were getting.
Guess they wont be a million miles away from stuff thats appeared online, which is fine by me. Hope they included a decent photo gallery, though.

Those motion comic thingys are usually pretty disposable and watch once affairs, but i do like the sound of this one.

No word on commentaries/additional scenes?

I, Cosh

Quote from: MR. ELIMINATOR on 14 November, 2012, 07:03:53 PM
Of all the great quotes they are only using one on the front? Please don't let that be the cover. What about that great one that Goaty scanned from a newspaper with tons of quotes and 4 and 5 stars. That would make people think "hmm, maybe I should check that out afterall"
Seriously? Has anyone, anywhere ever - in the whole of recorded history - ever bought a DVD because of a quote on the box? Doesn't everyone treat them the same way as quotes on cinema posters, i.e. they all manage to find something celebratory to say so you can't trust any of them.
We never really die.

COMMANDO FORCES

As far as I'm concerned quotes on the cover spoil it for me. Plus, if I was wandering around HMV I wouldn't go, 'look at that film, some unknown twat says it's awesome, I must buy it!' Does it work on anyone?

chuffsteruk

shaolin_monkey

Quote from: COMMANDO FORCES on 16 November, 2012, 03:22:22 AM
As far as I'm concerned quotes on the cover spoil it for me. Plus, if I was wandering around HMV I wouldn't go, 'look at that film, some unknown twat says it's awesome, I must buy it!' Does it work on anyone?

Erm... I can be a bit of a sucker for blurb on a box, but only if it comes from sources I trust.  If it had been the Guardian, the Independent, or maybe even the Telegraph or the Times, it might prompt me to pick up the box and have a closer look.  I'm aware it's a marketing ploy, so although I am influenced by it, I still apply the 'buyer beware' maxim.

If the quote comes from a review from the Sun, Mirror, Star, Sport, Daily Mail or any other cruddy tabloid I ignore it completely.  A bit snobbish, I know, but heigh ho.   ;) 

It's a shame the quote on the Dredd box is from the Sun.  I guess they're hoping it'll appeal to a certain demographic.   ::)

radiator

I like box quotes when you can tell they're really reaching, when you can tell they're selectively misquoting.

I also like it when they plaster the poster with FOUR star reviews as if to say "this film is pretty good! It's not amazing, we know, but its not bad!".i

I don't think it's snobbish at all to say that tabloid quotes aren't worth a shit. I'm also often a bit suspect about the likes of Empire. Generally fair, but they've given some right old crap glowing reviews in their time.

Spikes

Quote from: radiator on 16 November, 2012, 10:22:55 AM
I like box quotes when you can tell they're really reaching, when you can tell they're selectively misquoting.

and you can(t) quote me on that

"I didn't enjoy the first instalment of the Lord Of The Rings trilogy, giving it only two stars, but conceded that it was 'technically stunning'. Of course, on the poster, it simply read 'Stunning - The Guardian'.

MR. ELIMINATOR

Well my point was that this film being good will come as a surprise to a lot of people, and considering they are using quotes why not really go for it? If someone saw that dvd colour with the odd colouring and just the word awesome from Alex Zane it's probably not gonna make them spend £10-£15 to just check it out.

If they saw the dvd cover plastered in positive quotes (I also thought it made the poster look a bit better), it might peak their curiosity. They have to keep trying to show people this is actually a really good movie and the cover isn't really doing that in my opinion.

Cursed Earth Dweller

I may have to break my promise of never buying a blu ray film if all those juicy extras are not on the DVD.

JOE SOAP

Quote from: MR. ELIMINATOR on 16 November, 2012, 12:30:03 PM
Well my point was that this film being good will come as a surprise to a lot of people, and considering they are using quotes why not really go for it? If someone saw that dvd colour with the odd colouring and just the word awesome from Alex Zane it's probably not gonna make them spend £10-£15 to just check it out.

They might rent it though.

Goaty

http://nukethefridge.com/2012/11/15/29299/

Judgment Is Coming To 3-D Blu-ray Disc, DVD, Digital Download, On Demand And Pay-Per-View January 8 From Lionsgate Home Entertainment

"This, finally, is the Dredd movie comic book fans have been anticipating."
– Washington Post

"Accentuated by stylish visuals and irreverent humor."
– USA Today

SANTA MONICA, CA, November 14, 2012 – Adapted by Alex Garland from John Wagner and Carlos Ezquerra's legendary comic book and filmed in stunning 3-D, Dredd, explodes onto 3-D Blu-ray Disc (includes 3-D and standard version of the film plus Digital Copy and UV), DVD (includes Digital Copy and UV), Digital Download, On Demand and Pay-Per-View January 8 from Lionsgate Home Entertainment.  Mixing pulse-pounding action with mesmerizing visual effects sequences, the post-apocalyptic thriller hailed by audiences and critics alike stars Karl Urban (Star Trek), Olivia Thirlby (Juno) and Lena Headey (HBO's "Game Of Thrones"). The hugely anticipated sci-fi thriller directed by Pete Travis (Vantage Point) takes place in a futuristicAmerica.

The Blu-ray Disc and DVD both contain multiple behind-the-scenes featurettes including a look back at the 35 years of Judge Dredd. Dredd will be available on Blu-ray Disc and DVD for the suggested retail price of $39.99 and $29.95, respectively.

The future America is an irradiated wasteland. On its east coast, running from Boston to Washington D.C., lies Mega City One – a vast, violent metropolis where criminals rule the chaotic streets.  The only force of order lies with the urban cops called "Judges" who possess the combined powers of judge, jury and instant executioner.  Known and feared throughout the city, Dredd (Urban) is the ultimate Judge, challenged with ridding the city of its latest scourge, a dangerous drug called "Slo-Mo," and the sadistic crime boss Ma-Ma (Headey) who is using it to take over the city.

BLU-RAY/DVD SPECIAL FEATURES*

* "Mega-City Masters": 35 Years of Judge Dredd" featurette
* "Day of Chaos: The Visual Effects of Dredd 3D" featurette
* "Dredd" featurette
* "Dredd's Gear" featurette
* "The 3rd Dimension" featurette
* "Welcome to Peachtrees" featurette
* Dredd Motion Comic Prequel
*Subject to change
*** For artwork, please visit www.lionsgatepublicity.com ***

PROGRAM INFORMATION
Street Date:                           January 8, 2013
Price:                                      $39.99 Blu-ray / $29.95 DVD

Rating:                                    R for strong bloody violence, language, drug use and some sexual content
Run Time:                              95 minutes
Type:                                      Theatrical Release
Genre:                                    Action; Science Fiction; Thriller         
Blu-ray Closed Captioned: English SDH
DVD Closed Captioned:      English
Subtitles:                               English and Spanish
Blu-ray Format:                    1080P High Definition 16×9 Widescreen (2.40:1)
DVD Format:                          16×9 Widescreen (2.40:1)
Blu-ray Audio Status:          7.1 DTS-HD Master Audio Optimized for 11.1 Neo X, Spanish 5.1 Dolby Digital and English 2.0 Dolby Digital
DVD Audio Status:               English and Spanish 5.1 Dolby Digital

Fisticuffs

radiator

Something I've been kicking around today - work in progress for a custom Dredd Blu Ray/DVD sleeve. Needs a fair bit of work still, keep changing the colours around, was all red originally: