Main Menu

GARTH ENNIS PLANES and BOYS

Started by Tiplodocus, 02 October, 2008, 10:21:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TordelBack

Quote from: Dandontdare on 12 December, 2009, 05:08:19 PM
The only thing I can't work out is why Hughie hasn't recognised his girlfriend as one of the Seven yet. Surely he'd have at least seen pictures of the new line-up by now, given his job?

I'd been thinking that seemed a bit contrived too, but then remembered that this is a comic taking the piss out of superheroes, and one of the core conceits of most superhero books is...

pauljholden

Been asked to pass this on:

-----

Garth Ennis is answering letters in this series of Battlefields/send to "letters@dynamiteentertainment.com"

------
(That's also the email address if you want to tell them how awesome I am, too...!)

-pj

Proudhuff

I'm sure there are a few here who'll be glad to get out the green ink once matron's away.  ;)
DDT did a job on me

Proudhuff

Waahay! A trip to Weegietoon reveals what it's like in a real comic shoppe:
Back issues, knowledgeable staff and a decent stock, I doff my hat to FP in Glasgae.
Even the music wasn't the 'I can piss off everyone with getting more mentalmetal than anyone'... if only they would move the Dr Who and Twilight figures away from the comics it would be truely wonderful.

The Battlefields: Happy Valley was a real treat, a lot of talking but PJ work carries the day!

Crossed is getting interesting, found issue one and thought that might help understand WTF going on...nope!

Tips will I send BF to you?
DDT did a job on me

Tiplodocus

Thanks but no, Proudhuff. I shall be purchasing it myself.
Be excellent to each other. And party on!

Proudhuff

ooops sent it of already  :-[, you can keep em, or sell em if that would help get you to Hi-Ex!
DDT did a job on me

TordelBack

Quote from: Proudhuff on 02 February, 2010, 12:04:15 PM
Crossed is getting interesting, found issue one and thought that might help understand WTF going on...nope!

Unfortunately it's actually Issue 0 that sets out the stall and introduces the four main characters.

Dog Deever

I'm a tradewaiter for The Boys as I'm no-where near a comics shop and have no idea til after series starts that they exist.Got my Herogasm too- it was great! Just have to wait ages for the next collection now...
Just a little rough and tumble, Judge man.

Dandontdare

Quote from: Dog Deever on 03 February, 2010, 09:13:09 PM
I'm a tradewaiter for The Boys as I'm no-where near a comics shop and have no idea til after series starts that they exist.Got my Herogasm too- it was great! Just have to wait ages for the next collection now...

Ditto for me. Anyone know if the next collection will contain the Ezquerra issues?

Dog Deever

Ezquerra on The Boys?

I've just wet myself!
Just a little rough and tumble, Judge man.

Dandontdare

Quote from: Dog Deever on 03 February, 2010, 10:17:58 PM
Ezquerra on The Boys?

Yup, sharing duties with John McCrea - though this review doesn't rate it. Haven't seen any of it, but I have wondered if his style would suit.

I, Cosh

That review's a bit harsh but it wasn't a good fit.
We never really die.

I, Cosh

Quote from: Proudhuff on 02 February, 2010, 12:04:15 PM
Back issues, knowledgeable staff and a decent stock, I doff my hat to FP in Glasgae.
I'm always keen to slag FP off for being full of goths and toys but a few comments on here recently have made me see it in a new light. I can be certain that they will have virtually any comic I might want coming out on a given week (this stuff about folk getting Previews so they can order things months in advance is mental.) If I read something and like it, I can be pretty confident they'll have the last three or four issues available. They have a whole big 2000AD section, although I'm never sure if that's ghettoisation or not. Since the big, obnoxious guy left a while ago all the staff are pleasant.

I've been in the Edinburgh one a couple of times and it's astonishing how different they are.
We never really die.

I, Cosh

And while I'm here, let's go for a triple post.

Just read the new issue of The Boys and there's a lovely little treat for us boarders. Un a cinq-un-neuf indeed!
We never really die.

Proudhuff

Quote from: Dog Deever on 03 February, 2010, 09:13:09 PM
I'm a tradewaiter for The Boys

Howled when I saw that!  :lol: mind you a t-shirt with TRADEWAITER on it would geat!
DDT did a job on me