Main Menu

Monty Python Reunion.

Started by NapalmKev, 19 November, 2013, 01:48:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

NapalmKev

http://m.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-24999401

The Money Python team (minus Graham Chapman obviously) are re-uniting for a stage show.

A good idea methinks. Some of the tv stuff was hit and miss but I think the films are hysterically funny.

Hopefully this could lead to something more in the long term.

Cheers
"Where once you fought to stop the trap from closing...Now you lay the bait!"

Dragonfly

Saw this earlier and I must say it has made my day! Though I must say, in complete contrast to NapalmKev, I think the TV series was far superior to any of the films. To each their own!

TordelBack

You're both wrong - the albums were best of all. 

Can't decide if any good will come of this.  I saw the gang doing a recent roundtable thing and there was certainly plenty of chemistry left, but they did all seem very tired - which is their prerogative after such amazing careers.  But still.

Dandontdare

Quote from: TordelBack on 19 November, 2013, 04:48:14 PM

You're ALL wrong - it was the books boks!

Proudhuff

What did the Python's ever do for us eh?
DDT did a job on me

shaolin_monkey

Is this the right room for an argument?

Proteus4

Hello miss.

What?

I'm sorry, I have a cold.

Very much looking forward to this. And I thought the tv show was better than the films, too.

Dave
My opinion is not to be trusted: I think Last Action Hero is AWESOME. And What Women Want.

Charlie boy

I'm going to say I prefer the films. The series had its moments but mostly reminds me of Magical Mystery Tour only without the cracking soundtrack.

Spikes

Quote from: Dandontdare on 19 November, 2013, 04:51:34 PM
Quote from: TordelBack on 19 November, 2013, 04:48:14 PM

You're ALL wrong - it was the books boks!

None of the above. It was the Pythons individually - or in two's, and doing their own thing, which was the best.

Ghost MacRoth

I don't have a drinking problem.  I drink, I get drunk, I fall over.  No problem!

shaolin_monkey

CrazyFoxMachine

This Jones Guardian thing is quite candid about it -

http://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2013/nov/22/monty-python-reunion-o2-show-terry-jones

I won't be shelling out money to see old sketches from the very back of a massive arena though, I'll wait for the DVD.

Ghost MacRoth

I don't have a drinking problem.  I drink, I get drunk, I fall over.  No problem!

Ghost MacRoth