Main Menu

Welcome to "Nerds, Geeks, Spods and Freaks Anonymous"

Started by Dudley, 20 April, 2005, 04:49:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Oddboy

Conex - it was "Block Rockin' Beats [Dead Parrot Mix]" - and IMO it is brilliant.
Better set your phaser to stun.

Dan Kelly

Reading a bit more, I should probably confess that I own official replicas of the Ranger and Psi Corp badges from Babylon 5, and also one of the set posters.

Dan

Oddboy

I used to have a double-bladed lightsabre...
sometime I might show you all the photos from a 'Heroes & Villians' party I had once, where you can see me dressed as Darth Maul in battle against a white witch on a bouncy castle.
Better set your phaser to stun.

The Monarch

I met my boyfriend on an internet message board.
I have a star wars tattoo and a judge dredd tattoo, which i'm planning on expanding if i ever meet the right artist/ tattooist.
I too can recite Greedo's 'going somewhere...' speech and can also play most of the star wars score on lots of different instruments.
I know every Final Fantasy game inside out,back to front, and wouldn't mind a job writing the strategy guides
I have 2 ring tones on my phone, the cantina band tune, and the FF chocobo tune

Thats pretty much Me except of course the tattoos and the girlfriend part

GordonR

Call yerselves spods?  Not one of you has yet admitted to a fondness for weak lemon drinks.

Dudley

I'm not a spod.  

I know nothing about computers, referring to them mainly as "magic boxes".  
I have non-geek friends.
I haven't watched Episode II, and switched Episode I off halfway through.

Funt Solo

Geek in denial, there.
++ A-Z ++  coma ++

Dudley

Don't get me wrong, I'm a geek alright.  

I just don't have the dedication to become either a nerd or a spod.  Nor do I have the funky haircut, tattoo & bassplaying abilities of the natural freak.

Tweak72

humm I?m Jamie and I have just found out I?m a not a nerd or a geek but sit slap bang in the middle  freakdom (nods at Max, Lara (Tankie), Dan (Dankell) and David Page whom seem to inhabit the same strange nether world (I?m not alone thank god THANK GOD!!))
I read comic books and have 3 times my own hight in them (I?m 5' 8") but can't be arsed with all that plastic cover bollox because they are getting burnt with my body when I die (ROTJ styl-e ahh yeah)
I also have a compulsion to watch anything, literally anything, with spaceships robots or vampires in it.  Oh and anything animated (even to my shame the care bares) and bought a copy of firefly not just for me but also for my best mate too
I met my girlfriend on the net but I can't recite Greedo's 'going somewhere...' speech but that?s because I have a totally shite whas'name you know, thing
I am ex raver I play the didgeridoo (but not enough as bloody people seem to want to sleep when I need to) I collect records and am a bedroom DJ I LOVE my Technic 1210's (and yes I do mean LOVE! all night long if I was allowed) and am on record as saying I was now beyond the need for a girl friend when I got them (sods law as soon as I said that I met my girl friend but hey I?m not complaining)
I also used to have a double-bladed light sabre (in fact I think I still do some where) and am slightly awed buy Oddboys remixing "choones"
I do not have the need for glasses
I like watching cricket and extreme sports
I collect badges and post cards in a vague half arsed way I may do something with them one day
I have a computer which I use mostly to play games on but now I have a MP3 player I am thinking of hooking the thing up to my Technics and dusting off the copy of reason I have some where QBert watch out (I wish..)
I went to my first Comic convention last year for my birthday, it was Dredd con V and I loved it I got a bit drunk bimbled around met and talked cod shite and comics with artists for ages stood next to Max and didn?t know it said hi to Queen Bou and possibly confused her said hi to King Trout who also seemed confused saw Oddboy return from the main hall with the picture he now has as an icon (he could be described as "made up" or "chuffed" with the picture) but didn?t say hello as I was by that point at a mental age of about 12 years old and was a bit pissed as well and was resisting the urge to run from room to room with my coat hooked on my head pretending it was a "Battle of the Planets" style cape and doing forward rolls whilst humming the theme tune (oh come on you?ve all done it) and had to go out side for a bit of a calming smoke and a think in the rain with my mate John and a but I?m going again and I?m bloody well getting in the picture this time
so yeah I'm a Freak but in a nice way, so I'm told by... come to think of it every one i know or meet
+++THRILL POWER, OVERWHELMING++++++THRILL POWER, OVERWHELMING+++

longmanshort

I collect badges and post cards in a vague half arsed way I may do something with them one day

Like what?!
+++ implementing rigid format protocols +++ meander mode engaged +++

Tweak72

i donno possibly a collarge or something
it is a half arsed thing after all so i may just have them kicking round my room like i have the last 15 years or so with the occasonal losing loads when ever i move Meh!

JimBob

I'm a crypto geek, try desperately to hide it but then have some kind of spasm and quote dialogue from Superman 2, or start twitching in HMV when i see the doug mclure box set, or worst of all when the inevtible pub conversation about old tv shows comes around find myself defending blakes 7.  Surely one day science will find a cure.

Jim - "Not God, Zod"

Tweak72

so the pecking order is what?
Spod
Nerd
Geek
Freak
"Normal" Human
is that right?

Richmond Clements

While I don't know Greedo's 'going somewhere' speech, I used to know Ackbar's one from ROTJ, and still know maybe 90% of Yoda's 'Judge me by my size do you?' speech from TESB.
Oh and I refer to movie titles by acronyms.

Mr C

" met my girlfriend on the net "

Hah! NERD!!

Waitaminute....