Main Menu

Welcome to "Nerds, Geeks, Spods and Freaks Anonymous"

Started by Dudley, 20 April, 2005, 04:49:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

critter

I don't actually fit into any of those catagories. I fit most comfortably on this board, I'm a Squaxx.

critter

Art

Just think, there was once a time when  non-conformist meant something other than "disagreeable idiot who should sit down and shut up".

Tweak72

"Call yoursef a geek! That's from the sainted Evan Dorkin's "Eltingville" strips, any real nerd knows that. The pure distilled genius of that man never fails to amaze."

hey i never said i was a geek im a freak and proud
+++THRILL POWER, OVERWHELMING++++++THRILL POWER, OVERWHELMING+++

Carlsborg Expert

My anal retention has disallowed me catogorizing myself alongside others in a comparitive and competitive nature.

I like comics.

Noisybast

Must... Resist... Obvious joke...
Dan Dare will return for a new adventure soon, Earthlets!

Carlsborg Expert

Roger Godpleton

i don't think I 've ever been committed enough to be anything really.

He's only trying to be what following how his dreams make you wanna be, man!

Carlsborg Expert

hahaa I beat you all with my three pound video of Judge Dredd!

Bico

Six quid for the dvd.  And three quid for the American Godzilla movie, purely for a sense of morbid completion.

Carlsborg Expert

Yeah, but *video* Bear, video.
VCR

Only thing that beats it is Betamax.
Or maybe the original spool.

Bico

American Godzilla trumps *anything*, though - regardless of format.
They remake a movie about an atomic-fire-breathing 80-metre tall lizard that kicks buildings over as a two-hour movie featuring Ferris Bueller explaining asexual reproduction to a Frenchman who looks as bored as a corpse.  How it didn't set the box office alight I'll never know.

And 'asexual' is just a fancy science way of saying 'gay'.
That says it all, really.

SamuelAWilkinson

"You may still be a freak, a geek or a spod if you like (although you must be paid a wage to be a geek, and it must be employment that promotes your geekery)."

Bollocks. Employment status has nothing to do with geek levels.

My name's Sam, and I've been a geek since 1985. I've worn glasses since I was five; I read comics so extensively that I was once unable to pay my rent 'cos I'd spent it already on big piles of Hellblazer trades; I'm the guy everyone comes to when they need their computers fixing; almost all of my t-shirts have some geek message or joke which most people need explaining and still don't get it; I'm an expert in Russian, French, English and Post-Colonial African literature; I have silky smooth long man-hair (all thanks to Herbal Essences.... mmm-mmm) and I refuse to have dealings with anyone who can't use the English language to an acceptable standard.

Nobody warned me I would be so awesome.

Max Kon

'asexual' means Not sexual; without sex or sexuality; (of reproduction) not involving the fusion of gametes.

---------------------------------------------------------
Excerpted from Oxford Talking Dictionary
Copyright ? 1998 The Learning Company, Inc. All Rights Reserved.

And asexual people have no sexual urges at all. So that rules out all priests ;P

dave@eatmyhat.co.uk

Sigh, i lack women.

18 years of being a geek now ...

Tiplodocus

I was proudly sitting at home thinkingt to myself that I'm not really a ggek and am nothing like the rest of you when all of a sudden, it dawned on me that, though GREEDO is a RODIAN, he is actually speaking Huttese in the "Going somewhere, Solo?" speech that you are all harping on about.

Ben Burtt, the language and sound guy from STAR WARS seems to thinks so too (or so he says on the DVD commentary).

So I guess I am so kind of geek after all.
Be excellent to each other. And party on!