Main Menu

Welcome to "Nerds, Geeks, Spods and Freaks Anonymous"

Started by Dudley, 20 April, 2005, 04:49:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tordelbach

Rrrrright, if we're going to get competitive about this geekery business...

Me and the good woman flew all the way to New Yoik to see Star Wars Episode I on its opening day AND enjoyed it (sigh) AND got the train down to Florida to go to a Xena convention (oh yes) AND visit Cape Canaveral.  

And I've just spent my last few quid on a Clone Trooper with Removable Helmet.  

And I can recite ALL the dialogue from Star Wars in orde (try me), and the opening five minutes and major speeches of the other four (to date).  

The  problem the rest of you wannabes have is that you get distracted by your "friends" and "sunshine" and "physical activity".  You're just not bloody trying.

Large48

Ok so from reading all this I guess I'm a 2000AD (and related!) collecting NERD.

Don't think there is much that I don't have at least one out of the set.... I'd be more than happy for people to see what they have that I haven't and then steal into their rooms in the dead of night with a very large heavy sharp metal object to make sure I get it...hahahahahha

[size=40]Train Hard - Run Fast - Hit to Kill[/size]

Tweak72

"And I can recite ALL the dialogue from Star Wars in orde (try me), and the opening five minutes and major speeches of the other four (to date)."

Possibly with all the the passion and flamboyancy of Dustin Hoffman in Rainman...
... And what about the Star Wars Christmas Special? hum? humm? Didn?t think so.
~(;o)
+++THRILL POWER, OVERWHELMING++++++THRILL POWER, OVERWHELMING+++

Max Kon

I collect badges and post cards in a vague half arsed way I may do something with them one day

I do that too. I don't even know why. But it's not like I get many so meh.

I keep my progs in slip covers in ring binders (two assalts to a binder). It's just that i am a collector. I buy any limeted ed model  by GW.

I do however love participating in team sport and working out at the gym. I'm a jock with geekish tendancies. (I was just adding to my earlier list.)

Tordelbach

"Possibly with all the the passion and flamboyancy of Dustin Hoffman in Rainman..."

Are you stalking me? (ROTFLMAO)

"And what about the Star Wars Christmas Special? hum? humm? Didn?t think so. "

As it happens I just got a pressie of a bootleg of the selfsame Christmas Special for my birthday.  It is here my geekishness fails me, and I won't be memorising this one - it is TERRIBLE (no worse than that), a slow-motion car-crash of awfulness so bad it actually goes beyond funny and back to bad...

...BUT the DVD came with literally DOZENS of American Kenner toy commercials from the 70's and early 80's, which were bloody marvellous and a few very nice documentary pieces and inetrviews.  

Tweak72

watch it Max you may start to slip from Freakdom to Geekdom then its a slippery slide to Nerdishness
BTW has any one here done a Nerd battle each asking the other to correctly quoat stuff or give trivier on geekish things? (i seem to remember a strip in a deadline or summit drawn by the guy who did milk n cheese that had one)
+++THRILL POWER, OVERWHELMING++++++THRILL POWER, OVERWHELMING+++

Tordelbach

"(i seem to remember a strip in a deadline or summit drawn by the guy who did milk n cheese that had one)"

Call yoursef a geek!  That's from the sainted Evan Dorkin's "Eltingville"  strips, any real nerd knows that.  The pure distilled genius of that man never fails to amaze.

Noisybast

Gah! Damn my curious Google tendencies - It all comes rushing back! The alcohol therapy was all for nought!

Noisybast reaches for another bottle...

Link: http://lrrc3.sas.upenn.edu/popcult/scifi/greedo/RODIAN.HTM" target="_blank">Greedo teaches Rodian

Dan Dare will return for a new adventure soon, Earthlets!

Matt Timson

God, I really am hanging out with nerds, aren't I?

I'm leaving.  Forever!
Pffft...

Matt Timson

Guess who's back?  Did you all miss me?  You know you did.

Shooshi moo!  Have I got a script for YOU!  Where are my meds?

Mummy?  Why are you unglugging my compu
Pffft...

Dudley

JEB, you're avoiding the topic.

Wils

I don't fit into any of the categories mentioned on this thread.

I'm unique.

Matt Timson

Unique, or just a non-conformist?
Pffft...

Wils

Definitely unique. :)

Funt Solo

Those of you that have admitted to having romantic long-term relationships have all disqualified yourselves from being a nerd.

You may still be a freak, a geek or a spod if you like (although you must be paid a wage to be a geek, and it must be employment that promotes your geekery).
++ A-Z ++  coma ++