Started by the other dredd, 18 May, 2005, 07:23:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ukdane

how the rebel alliance was formed,

see the spoiler thread. BUT BEWARE, it is a SPOILER-TASTIC thread-
Cheers

-Daney

Noisybast

"Anyway, good stuff, just waiting for the 20 disk DVD complete, definitive, directors cut (version 4) of the entire saga with all the extras. Should be out just in time for christmas."

Nah - that'll be the prequel trilogy box set.
The six-movie set will undoubtedly be out in 2007 (Do I smell a 30th Anniversary Edition?)...
Dan Dare will return for a new adventure soon, Earthlets!

Large48

It's boring boring boring, actually fell asleep during it at one point, about an hour and a half too long and its slow as anything.

The good stuff (space battle at the start) gets passed over too quickly and it ends up like watching a Playstation game, I did wonder if I was watching the game instead of the film at several points.

In terms of the effects compare it to Lord of the Rings and you realise how badly this was filmed and put together.

Daft Vader, oooohhhhhhhhh I'm really scared now!

hahahahahahahah
[size=40]Train Hard - Run Fast - Hit to Kill[/size]

robbycox

I saw it yesterday.........and loved it! As a spectacular bit of film making, ok it doesn't hit all the right buttons but for the time it was on it seemed to fly by. I'll be buying the DVD when it comes out.
Rob.

Mr C

Sod what everyone else thinks, I thought it rocked!

And I've always been the most vocal anti-prequel person I know.

It was enjoyable.
There was plenty of action.
The Emperor was a double hard bastard, as was Yoda.

Sure there was the lack of chemistry between Anakin and Padme and a few plot holes that were wide enough for a Hutt's arse, but I really didn't care because my eyeballs were being asaulted by some really entertaining cinema. Sure you can pick it to pieces, but you can do that with the originals can't you?

Also  has one of the alltime greatest "NOOOOOOO!!!"'s.

Plus, I've managed to watch every single star wars film ever in the space of 48 hours!

Mangamax

Surely one of movies alltime worst "nooo's" n'est pas?
The perspective on that chairs all wrong

Slippery PD

Yeah, worst ever Nooooo.  Terrible, pantomime piece, that was the creation of Darth Vader.  Shaking fists and a noooooo!  Awful.

Also a number of irksome moments, most have been mentioned but
Code 66 - didnt anyone who was making more clone warriors, have a look at their coding and programming?  All seems to easy, to be ignored.
The timing - Im not sure the passage of time between episode 1 & 4 makes sense.  Obi-Wan seems to go from 18 to 60 in about 20 or 30 years.  

The effects were however great, the whole thing was dark but not great.  Still everything seems rounded off nicely, but there are still minor loose ends that could be tidied up at a later date.  I came away feeling relieved that it was over, with slight disapointment that it wasnt great.....

Slips

Richmond Clements

Well I saw it last night, and I'm going to take the children to see it today.

It was great fun from start to finish. The opening shot, which seemed to last for ages, with the camera scooting over the ship and down into the battle was wonderful. Then it got better, with loads of fan boy nods and winks.

Idon't mind reading that somebody doesn't like the movie, but what I really hate are the 'Hey look at me everybody I fucking hate Star Wars me, ain't I different and cool!?' messages.

Mangamax

Think i lot of folk aren't liking it - me included - is BECAUSE we're fans of Star Wars.
I mean, coming up on 30 years now of knowing Vader via the first 3 films, books and comics and all that is ripped to shreds with a Karloff impression and the worst "Noooo!" in recorded history.
The perspective on that chairs all wrong

Richmond Clements

But you, Mangamax, wrote a reasoned review, listing the reasons you didn't like it.
A lot of them I don't agree with, some of them I do. But at least you took the time to think about it. It's those who have made up their mind before going in, and only see what they need to confirm their belief... I mean, why bother going then?

Certainly the transformation was not what it could have been, though juxtaposing the Vader Operation with the birth of the twins was a nice touch.

Slippery PD

Im not sure that I hated it.   If thats the impression I gave then Im sorry.  I was just dissapointed at the end of it, I was expecting great things and got some good and some bad.  Still the good things did outweigh the bad.

On the children front.  My son, 6, loved it.  My daughter, 13, hated it.  My wife found the whole thing quite sad.  As she had seen star wars, in 1977 in the same cinema......  its like the end of a passage for her.  

Slips

Tordelbach

I wish I could have seen it in the same cinema as I saw the original, but they've closed it down.  And the one I saw Empire in.  And the one I saw Jedi in.  Hmmm, maybe that multiplex seat wasn't as comfy as I thought it was...

Kids of my acquaintance seem to have LOVED it, moreso if the rapidly changed age-profile at the Star Wars aisle in Toymaster was anything to go by (it's been balding 30-somethings and their harried-looking wives for the last month-or-so [don't ask how I know], yesterday it was wall-to-wall 9 year-olds and their harried-looking mothers).

Richmond Clements

Arrgh!
See, this is why I usually limit myself to the most general of comments!
Slippo, I wasn't getting at you or MangaMax! It was a general statement. In fact, I find you and I to be on the same wavelength in most things!

Pete Wells

Me and my 10 year old boy went to see it for the second time yesterday and the repeat viewing was even better!

I'd like to tip me hat to Rac, all these 'Ain't I cool cos I hate Star Wars?' people do tick me off too. If you don't like it, don't get involved. Dr Who isn't my cup of tea so I've stayed away from the threads for this reason.

Pete.

Slippery PD

In fact, I find you and I to be on the same wavelength in most things!

Heh!  Im at work and Im not getting any younger.  Working 6 days a week is making me feel more than a little cranky.  Ill buy you a beer at dreddcon....  

Slips