Main Menu

Films to comic

Started by psycho_slaughterman, 14 June, 2005, 09:14:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

psycho_slaughterman

ok we done about comics to film, what about films to comic, what film would you like to see get a comic made for it? i would like one of Riddik he is a great idea and i have a few for it.

psycho_slaughterman

forgot to put in a title and it wont let ma edit, ah well

psycho_slaughterman

every one must have killfiled me or somthing, ok i'll just speak to my self im used to it.

Max Kon

paulvonscott

It's a good question, and I'm possibly going to answer with one of my miserable sounding comments(TM).

When I as 17 or so the thought of comic books of my favourite films seemed a great idea.  Some were good, some bad.

Now I'm about twice that age (sob) I dunno, I saw the preview of the Snake Pliscan comic, one of the few things that got me excited, and it sucked!  It might have made a good comic, but as a preview it didn't grab me at all.

But my main reservation is that it's all just corporate shite, produced by talnted people with the best of intentions, it may even be fairly entretaining, but that's what it is.  

If John Carpeneter has written the Pliscan comic, it probably still would have sucked, but I'd have probably just shrugged and thought 'fair enough, it's his gig'.

Anyway, that's my miserable opinion.  I'm too old and bitter to have a better one.

Richmond Clements

There were a few of these, weren't there?

There was a Thing sequel, with (I think) John Higgins art.

John Bolton did an Evil Dead one.

And Alan Grant wrote a fair few issues of the Nightbreed comic.

Of course, apart from brief flashes, most of the time these just reeked of cash-in.

paulvonscott

Don't forget Alien vs Predator vs Terminator vs Robocop vs Alf.

There was a living dead comic, and there have been some Dawn of the Dead comics recently I think.

I'd like to read the Thing sequal, regardless of what I said above (so there's one psycho).  I'd even read the evil dead one if it was placed into my hands, and someone turned the pages and moved the comic across my field of vision.

James

There was a run of 20 odd Hellraiser anthology style comics, which were good for a while, but went a bit shite towards the end.

Richmond Clements

God, how did I forget the Predator/Terminator ones!

Are they still publishing them? Surely there must be more Terminators in the persent by now than there are real people?

I'd like to read the Thing sequal, regardless of what I said above (so there's one psycho). I'd even read the evil dead one if it was placed into my hands, and someone turned the pages and moved the comic across my field of vision.

I had (and for all I know, may still have) the first issue of each.
I think the fact I only bought the first issue says it all.

johnnystress

for sheer coolness a Clint Eastwood man with no name could make a great comic character- drawn in that european  cowboy comic  style

come to think of it its probabaly been done

psycho_slaughterman

aha some people who answered, i would like to read a dawn of the dead comic but after a while it would probally get a bit repetative, others i have seen on google i would like but cant find anywhere is the Freddy Kruger comic and theres a Jason vs Leatherface too

http://www.spidermedia.ru/comics2movie/t/texas_cm/pics/comix/jason_vs_leatherface_1.jpg

just tried getting a picture on don't know if it has worked lets hope.

Link: if the pic didnt work

Mudcrab

I've got all(I think) of those. Damn good some of them. The odd tooth artist in amongst them. Kevin O'Neill did one, sure there's a couple of others in there somewhere.

Nightbreed ones were pretty weak. Didn't realise Alan Grant wrote some. I onlt got 3 or 4 of them though.
NEGOTIATION'S OVER!

House of Usher

I, for one, would like to read a comic book adaptation of Muriel's Wedding. And possibly a sequel concerning what happens after the end of the film.
STRIKE !!!

Large48

How about Salute of the Jugger???????

Futher adventures of Mad Max

and of course Basket Case!!!!! LOLOLOLOLOL
[size=40]Train Hard - Run Fast - Hit to Kill[/size]

Oddboy

Everyone else always slags it off - but I really liked A Life Less Ordinary (the film, the comic adaptation and the song by Ash).

So screw y'all.

:)
Better set your phaser to stun.