Main Menu

Battlestar Galactica

Started by Trout, 01 September, 2005, 11:06:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Trout

Um... little help?

I'm famously a bit clueless on such things, but I just ordered season one of the new Battlestar Galactica from Amazon.

I've since noticed, though, that there's another element, a "mini-series".

Does that mean I'm going to be missing the start?

Would be grateful for guidance.

But no spoilers, please!

- Trout

Rex Banner

Yep.

There was a mini-series first which kicked it all off, available on play.com for ?7.99.

Link: http://www.play.com/play247.asp?pa=srmr&page=title&r=R2&title=157769" target="_blank">Battlestar at play.com

Dunk!

There was a two part(4hr) mini-series to see if a new full season was warranted. (no spoilers)It covers the set up established in original first episode of the original show - if that makes sense?

Should be available on DVD as well.
"Trust we"

Trout

Many thanks, kind gentlemen!

I've purchased said bargain and will watch with interest.

It's cheaper on Play, anyway. I was only shopping at Amazon because I had some credit as a gift.

Cheers

- Trout

Bico

It's cheaper because it strips out the extras from the American dvd release.  Always getting the raw end of the stick, us region 2 viewers.

I still maintain that there's LESS sexual tension between Starbuck and Apollo in the new version.

Marbles

BSG is excellent, you won't regret your purchase Trouty.

Series 2 is really kicking into gear at the moment too! Can't wait for tommorow nights episode...

Link: http://www.emule-project.net/home/perl/general.cgi?l=1" target="_blank">emule

Remember - dry hair is for squids

ukdane

Whilst on the topic of Amazon, but off BG topic, in the music section it used to be possible to hear samples of the tracks. This doesn't appear to be an option anymore.
Why? and where can man hear samples, so I can decide whether or not to buy a cd?
Cheers

-Daney

Conexus

the radio? ;) ( mostly only works for singles, and then usally only the A side track)

vworp

BSG isnt on tonight.....
Next week.

Marbles

Yeh I think you are right - why did they skip a week ??
I'm in the UK so I don't get the Sci-fi Channel, I get the show via the net (from a friend).

Link: http://www.scifi.com/battlestar/episodes/" target="_blank">Battlestar Galactica

Something Fishy

they showing series 2 of BSG on Sc Fi?

darn, i thought only Sky carried it so have been missing it.

Marbles

Only sci-fi channel in the US, AFAIK. thats why my friend has to get it from emule.

Art

DVD extras are generally a waste of time on modern releases anyway.

Quirkafleeg

>DVD extras are generally a waste of time on modern releases anyway.

I'm so sadly addicted to the damn things. Even the shitest commentary gives a good insight in the the maddness that is Hollywood... But the oh-so-bland onset interviews and making of tosh are deadly (but I still watch the damn things)

Something Fishy

ahh phew..  hopefully that means it hasn't run here yet.