Main Menu

New GN's or TPB's What do we want?

Started by Rob Spalding, 01 September, 2005, 05:38:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Grant Goggans

Echoing Oddboy: DO NOT CHANGE THE SIZE AND FORMAT.

ABC Warriors 3: Khronicles of Khaos & Hellbringer, Dishonourable Discharge, Joe Pineapple's Greatest Hits

Ace Trucking Company 1: Ace Trucking, Hell's Pocket, Lugjack, Great Mush Rush, Ughbug Bloos

Complete Al's Baby

Anderson 2: The Haunting, The Mind of Edward Bottlebum, A Fistful of Denimite, Golem, Soldier's Tale, Nights Like This, Contact, Beyond the Void, Night of the Brainstem Man & Helios

Armitage 1: Armitage, Influential Circles, Flashback I & II

Bec & Kawl: Everything through Attack of the Cones in one paperback

Caballistics Inc

Devlin Waugh 2: Red Tide reprinted with all the captions and lettering towards the end of "Sirius" reinstated.

Journal of Luke Kirby 1: Summer Magic, Winter's Tale, Dark Path, Night Walker, Trick or Treat

Nikolai Dante 4: Tsar Wars

Robo-Hunter 3: Filby Case, Killing of Kidd, Football Crazy, Play it Again Sam

Robo-Hunter 4: Hoagy's First Case, The Slaying of Slade, Sam Slade's Last Case, Farewell My Billions

Sinister Dexter 4: Automate, Reservations, Eurocrash, Downlode Tales

Slaine 2: Dragonheist and Time Killer

Strontium Dog 2: Mutie's Luck, Doc Quince Case, Bad Boys Bust, Portrait of a Mutant

Strontium Dog 3: Gronk Affair, Kid Knee Caper, The Moses Incident, The Killing

Strontium Dog 4: Outlaw!, The Big Bust of '49

--Grant

Link: http://www.2000ad.org/thrillpower/rebellion.html" target="_blank">Touched by the Hand of Tharg

Dudley

Grant - great list, but you missed out The Complete Revere.

Trout

Grant Goggans

Addendum to the above:

The Complete Revere.

And not one of those stunts where you put Books 1-2 in one hardback and don't collect the third.  All three, one paperback, and DON'T CHANGE THE SIZE AND FORMAT.

--Grant

mastertsan

Dark Jimbo

Most of my choices will be said here by others, so id just like to stress: DON'T CHANGE THE SIZE AND FORMAT!!!

(Just in case you'd missed that). :)
@jamesfeistdraws

Trout

I think there's scope in considering regular variations in the sizes and formats of books.

Just to keep our bookshelves looking interesting.

- The evil fish

paulvonscott

The thing is, the format of the GN's doesn't show the 2000AD art at it's best, but I still think they should carry it on as is.

Grant Goggans

Actually, upon further reflection on the original question, I think what I'd like most of all is an editor who's active in the fandom, and approachable to answer questions on the message boards, and jumps feet-first into Newsarama, the Pulse, CBR, etc to promote the heck out of the books.

Jamie Boardman was quite good about this; Dom was a little invisible.

--Grant

ARRISARRIS

...cant understand, why hasnt anyone mentioned Chronos Carnival, its as if you didnt like it or summit, i know Tharg has got that 224 page epic still in his back draw ready to print one day!!!...

Pete Wells

I'd like to jump on the Buttonman 1 & 2, Complete Nemesis and Complete Al's Baby bandwagons too. I would also like to see all the current Judge Dredd 'Bloodlines' (Rico, Dollman and even Vienna) strips collected together.

For completeness sake I'd also like to see collected Dredd: Inferno and Dredd: Crusade (yes - I know everyone says they're crap) as these are longish Dredd tales that have never been repeated. Perhaps these are more suited to the cheaper, more throwaway Extreme Editions though.

Pete.

Rob Spalding

His name is Jonathan Oliver, and he has been told about this thread, so hopefully he will keep tabs on it, just to see what opinion is.
I prod him in a literal sense to be active on here as well.
For my self I want A Love Like Blood TPB, cos I've lost the issue with the finale in.
Would love to see Nemesis as it's now a finished story and I could read it straight through.
He tells me he's working on Stront Dog 2, digging through the old pre-digital archives to find the strips (that's the time consuming bit it seems).
But I'm going to look through my back issues and see what else I need in collected format, other than Sin/Dex, my first 2000ad issue when I started getting serious and getting it every week was the full issue end of Eurocrash prog.  I need to know what happened before.

Oddboy

Congratulations Jonathan Oliver on the new job, then!

Here's hoping you panda to our opinions!
Better set your phaser to stun.

Jonathan O

Just a quick message to say hullo from your new Graphic Novels editor, I've been crazy busy n' that having just started in the job but will be back here to say hi and give out the odd bit of news and answer quetions from time to time. Right now I have to rush for my train.

Good to hear from you all.

Jon

Rex Banner

Zenith.

Curious as to see what would happen.