Main Menu

New GN's or TPB's What do we want?

Started by Rob Spalding, 01 September, 2005, 05:38:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rob Spalding

OK, so my mate has recently got the post of editor for the 2000ad GN's/TPB's, whatever they are calling them.  I will be seeing him this weekend and intend to badger him about getting certain favourites of mine on the list.

Is there anything special you guys would like him to receive the personal touch for?

I mean, I'll prod him till he agrees ;)

Noisybast

Tell him to get a move on with Strontium Dog vol 2!
Dan Dare will return for a new adventure soon, Earthlets!

The Amstor Computer

The schedule that Dom & co. prepared for Bristol looks fine, so sticking to that initially - and ensuring that those books are out on time together with some decent promotion - would be very welcome.

Beyond what's already on that list, an increase in the release rate of Stront would be good, as would the appearance of the promised reprints of Ace Trucking Co. A continuation of the Slaine, ABC Warriors and Sin/Dex series that were begun with DC would be excellent - even if only to complete the series to "The Horned God", "The Shadow Warriors" and "Eurocrash" respectively.

Add a switch to paperback for most of the Euro-size releases, along with prompt collections of Savage, The Simping Detective & Black Siddha and I'd be pretty chuffed.

Not asking for too much?

;-)

colcool007

The Luna Olympic ganes would be a cracker to reprint. Or even the total run of JD at Luna-City 1 would do!

The Amstor Computer

All of the Dredd-on-the-moon stories are to be reprinted in the first Judge Dredd: Complete Case Files book, due out this Christmas (unless the schedule has been changed yet again - no official word on it since Bristol...)

paulvonscott

I want to see all of Early Slaine, Robohunter and Strontium Dog completed (as Rogue seems to be planned for).

I'm also hugely looking forward to the Case Files, and am still waiting for the Harry 20 book to come out.

As for new series, Ro-busters and Ace Trucking would be good.

Quirkafleeg

I hope he's going to carry on the grand tradition of demonstrating the indestructibility of his product by publicly battering himself around the head with them.

Dudley

Jamie Boardman once promised me a complete Revere.  Tell your mate I'd send many nice things his way if that were finally to happen.

Also on wish-list - decent promotional campaigns when the damn things do get released.

Oh, and what's your mate's name?  (Or his droid name if you prefer?)

Large48

I still fancy some of the early stuff Dan Dare, Harlem Heroes, HellBowl, Moon Runners, Mean Team, etc etc not that I'm a Belardinelli fan or anything!

Collected Tales of Telegurth, Tharg's Shocks (Time & Future), Outlaw (maybe), Balls Brothers (queue abuse!), Blair One (even bigger queues!)

Black Sidda is a top top priority!!!

And I really want a GN made up of all the daily strips from the Daily Star, etc, etc.....

Ho Hum if only....

[size=40]Train Hard - Run Fast - Hit to Kill[/size]

Bad Andy

dweezil2

I'll second Button man 1 and 2. And some more Anderson GN's, particularly one's collecting Arthur Ranson's strips.
Savalas Seed Bandcamp: https://savalasseed1.bandcamp.com/releases

"He's The Law 45th anniversary music video"
https://youtu.be/qllbagBOIAo

skurvy

I was thinking about this this morning and I think Nemesis needs to be included, it seems to be the only classic series that has been overlooked completely. I also think that doing collections of the very early stuff like Flesh and Harlem Heroes would be good at targetting readers of my age who read 2000ad as a kid and I think they have huge nostalgic qualities that Rebellion should tap into. Whenever I mention 2000ad to my mates they all talk about Flesh and Shako actually, the more violent the better it seems.

Oddboy

Getting the Nemesis the Warlock series underway is essential, IMO - It's a great shame that the ABC's 'The Black Hole' came out before Nemesis I-IV.

Otherwise - continue with the Strontium Dog, Rogue Trooper, Sl?ine, Sinister Dexter, Nikolai Dante, RoboHunter series that have been started already.

And DON'T CHANGE THE SIZE/FORMAT.
Better set your phaser to stun.

Woolly

Luke Kirby
Big Dave

There. Ive said it.

Again.

Artificial Idiot

Nemesis would be good, as I've never read it and would like to see what all the fuss is about. Would also like them to carry on the Anderson collections.