Main Menu

film trivia game

Started by psycho_slaughterman, 13 September, 2005, 06:33:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Conexus

I forgot to mention, that also, in a case of gross anachronism, Billy the kid is a twenty foot tall nuclear powered robot whose best friend is the comic relief character, a greeen squishy alien who goes around quoting Philip Larkin (Trust me, it's hillarious in context)  

must be some over Little Covered Wagon you're thinking of

Conexus

Funt Solo

It was the first cowboy movie with an all-chimpanzee cast.
++ A-Z ++  coma ++

Rex Banner

Correct.

I think Peter Jackson should remake it.

Conexus

fate, no offence, but if you're going down the stupid way, go all the way, otherwise there's no point, expand on it

It was the first cowboy movie with an all-chimpanzee cast... Except for the indians, who were played by pink flamingoes, to avoid claims of racism from tribal chiefs. The film was also the directorial debut of Sir Winslow Smith-Smyth-smithee, but as he was both profoundly blind and death, most of the work was in fact done by his guide dog Smudge

Conexus

what, that's real, sorry- meven looked on IMDB, but it weren't on there, thought you really mean The covered wagon, the closet they got on there

Funt Solo

Correct the mis-quote:

"Can you speak Bocce?"
++ A-Z ++  coma ++

House of Usher

I do believe the correct version is "Do you speak Bocce?"

OWEN: Do you speak Bocce?

THREEPIO: Of course I can, sir. It's like a second language for

me...I'm as fluent in Bocce...

OWEN: All right shut up! (turning to Jawa) I'll take this one.

THREEPIO: Shutting up, sir.

Am I right ?
STRIKE !!!

Rex Banner

Conexus

'In 1933, impresario Sig Neufeld directed The Little Covered Wagon, the first cowboy movie with an all-chimpanzee cast.

Since the chimps lacked enough talent to speak English, their voices (including that of hero Handsome Dan) were supplied by uncredited human actors. Good thing they weren't credited -- this sort of thing wouldn't look good on their resumes.

And yes, as I recall reading, there was a chimp portraying a black "shoeshine boy." I don't know if he (it?) was in blackface, but a stereotypical accent was provided.'

Anyone got a copy?

House of Usher

Which Canadian end of the world film included Genevieve Bujold and David Cronenberg among its cast?
STRIKE !!!

Rex Banner

Last Night.

What really was Rosebud? No sledge involved.

Funt Solo

Yeah, Usher, you were right.  The only reason I used that was because it's the only time that Empire magazine have got their own "guess the spine quote" quote wrong.
++ A-Z ++  coma ++

Funt Solo

"Rosebud" was William Randolph Hearst's nickname for his lover, Marion Davies, private parts.

But that's just a rumour.

It was also a metaphor for his lost childhood.
++ A-Z ++  coma ++

Woolly

..and also the name of the fake distribution/production company created for the titles of Evil Dead 2.

Which band almost made a filmed version of The Lord of the Rings, starring themselves in the lead roles?

Conexus

The Beatles, remember hearing bthat on some program about the books (may have been the films as well