Main Menu

FIlms you never got to the end of...

Started by Tiplodocus, 27 October, 2005, 06:16:50 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tiplodocus

Inspired by the book thread...

CRASH(Cronenberg) and BAD BOYS II are the only two films that I've actively sat down wanting to watch and never made it to the end of.

I was with the kids otherwise I'd have walked out of BATMAN AND ROBIN.  And I like Batman.
Be excellent to each other. And party on!

Funt Solo

http://www.amenable.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk/gfx/lanternBlackS.jpg" />
++ A-Z ++  coma ++

Artificial Idiot

I fell asleep halfway through the first Harry Potter movie. The ONLY time I have ever done that in a cinema... And I went to see Attack of the Clones on the big screen as well!

Carlsborg Expert

Hitchhikers guide seems to be eluding me me at the mo.

I watch it to about... where the thumb goes up?

Bico

Tomb Raider: Cradle of Life - the only film I've ever walked out of and not regretted doing so for a moment.
Titanic - I've never, ever seen it all the way through, from beginning to end, yet its omnipresence means I've seen every minute of it.
Just Married - I walked out of it halfway through.  Quite a comment on its awfulness, as it was on the telly in my house at the time.

Quirkafleeg

I've never walked out of a cinema though I have very temped at times (Alien Ressurection)

There's plenty of films I'll start watching on tv and 20 mins thinking this is rubbish and turning off/over - like Bad Boys... if I've taped it I might ff to the end just to see what happens. Same if I rent something that turns out to be terrible. Sometimes not event that... I remember years ago only watching a bit of Slipstream (some tosh Mark Hammil did) and jsut turning it off, it was so poor

I think I had to beg Wyatt to not watch any more Black Samurai

Queen Firey-Bou

sadly theres all those clever arsed japanese classics with a cast of trillions that are completely brilliant , stunning , bonkers... every time this boyfriend of mine insisted i sat down with him & played happy couples & watched a film... i'd fall deeply instantly comatosly asleep. i think it was starting to rankle a bit.  ooops.

and basically any film they put on towards midnight... some of us have to get up you know.

Dudley

Mo' Money remains the only video I've paid money for then not got past the credits.

DavidXBrunt

Dudley Do Right was returned to the shop partially watched.

Art

Hey, I finished Black Samurai. I just had to take it in stages...

It's moderately painful to watch, but the film I always use to try peoples patience is Andy Warhols "Trash". Most people get about ten minutes in before giving up.

Art

The last film that I actually tried watching for real was "The Revengers Tragedy" by Alex Cox. I should have given up at the words "music by Chumbawumba" but I persisted a good ten minutes after that.

The Amstor Computer

Zoolander. Rented it, got about 20 minutes in and turned it off.

Adrian Bamforth

"Titanic - I've never, ever seen it all the way through, from beginning to end"

It sinks.

ADE

IndigoPrime

You didn't miss anything. I wish I'd have done the same with Austin Powers 3 (which has a cracking first 15 minutes before becoming almost entirely unwatchable).

Floyd-the-k

It's horses for courses.  I loved Zoolander.

I had every temptation to watch the last 3 Star Wars movies; free dvds, a kid who likes sci fi, but I couldn't bring myself to watch more than about 20 minutes. I agree with the guy who said it's like watching the Canadian Parliament with funnier faces.
  LOTR fills me with inertia too, I've never been able to get past the 'frolicking in the village' beginning. I once made a supreme effort and got as far as seeing Sean Bean with pointy ears but after that couldn't go on.

Oh and there's a Prohibition era action comedy with Burt Reynolds and Clint Eastwood which is so bad I saw it twice. I forgot that I'd seen it. That's a flick I wish I hadn't gotten to the end of.