Main Menu

Necropolis reprints?

Started by Gibson Quarter, 28 April, 2009, 12:44:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gibson Quarter

OK, can folks tell me why this book is so hard to find? Also, I notice that the Titan reprint of Book 2 tends to command a pretty steep price on ebay. Why is this? Just a supply and demand issue?

Also, I seem to recall some chatter a while back about a NEW Necroplolis reprint out mid-2009. Have I missed any details on this one? I've not found any pre-ordering on Amazon, which usually seems to list this type of thing way early.

Hive mind, any light you can shed on this would be appreciated!

Cheers,

GQ

Cactus

Norwich City library has both volumes.
I'm a tucker hot seat trucker and I'm voking cheerio, ten-ten!

I, Cosh

Necropolis will be in Case Files vol. 14, while Dead Man's getting a separate reprint around the same time. I don't think those are out until November or December but it's probably worth getting Vol. 13 when it's released in a couple of months as it'll have some of the less crucial lead-in stories like Young Giant.
We never really die.

Jade Falcon

A lot of the old Titan books seem to be expensive.  I had (have) Volumes 1 of The VC's and ABC Warriors and found volume 2 in both to be next to impossible to find.  Fortunately both were reprinted.

How many versions of Tale of the Dead Man are there?

I have a thin book with Krakens face on the cover, primarily white and red, and it has the prologue with the kids letter to Dredd, then Krakens evaluation where the art style changes about half way through (Why does Kraken have a different Lawmaster to Dredd in this?), and then a short section showing Dredd as the 'Dead Man'.
When the truth offends, we lie and lie until we can no longer remember it is even there, but it is still there. Every lie we tell incurs a debt to the truth. Sooner or later, that debt is paid. That is how an RBMK reactor core explodes. Lies. - Valery Legasov

antodonnell

I was looking for necropolis myself and found this. I'm trying to catch up on all the main Dredd stories I've missed.

//http://www.play.com/Books/Books/4-/326371/-/Product.html?searchstring=judge+dredd+necropolis&searchsource=0

radiator

QuoteHow many versions of Tale of the Dead Man are there?

Currently just the one - the same one you own. There was also a companion volume published at the same time, just called The Dead Man which collected the black and white spin-off Dead Man series.

Tale of the Dead Man and a few other of the lead-in stories appeared in the 2002 Titan Necroplis Book One, but there has never been a truly complete collected edition of Necropolis featuring all of the prologue and epilogue stories like Bloodline, Nightmares, Young Giant etc.

Originally Rebellion had planned to publish a new version of Necropolis and a companion Tales of the Dead Man volume this year, but now this idea has been abandoned and The Judge Dredd Case Files volumes 13-15 will cover all of the Necropolis stories instead, and the new Tales of the Dead Man book will presumably feature just the B&W Dead Man series, so the Tales in the title is kind of redundant, and may well change.

Does that all make any sense....?  :lol:

My advice for anyone wanting to read Necropolis is wait for the next few Case Files books...  it will be worth it!

Gibson Quarter

Cheers Radiator, I think I'll wait.

I do love those oversized Titan reprints though....

Was this story in B&W or color?

GQ

radiator

All of Necropolis was in colour, apart from The Dead Man, which was illustrated by John Ridgway in B&W with a little bit of colour at the end.

Jade Falcon

It's as bad as some of the other 2000AD books.  ABC Warriors, the Meknificent Seven for example.  I have the cover with the strange Hammer-Stein design as shown here.

http://www.2000ad.org/thrillpower/DCABCSevenLarge.jpg

Yet there is also this cover

http://www.amazon.co.uk/ABC-Warriors-Me ... 406&sr=8-4

And from what I hear there are other designs out there, but all with the same content.
When the truth offends, we lie and lie until we can no longer remember it is even there, but it is still there. Every lie we tell incurs a debt to the truth. Sooner or later, that debt is paid. That is how an RBMK reactor core explodes. Lies. - Valery Legasov

Grant Goggans

Your Amazon link is to the forthcoming new edition.  The one on Hand of Tharg's long-neglected page is the previous edition, from the DC/Rebellion teamup.

Richard

There are two printings of "Tale of the Dead Man": the one described above, and volume 1 of the 2-volume Necropolis, but this did not include the prologue "A Letter to Judge Dredd." They will presumably be in Case Files 14.

IndigoPrime

Quote from: "Grant Goggans"Your Amazon link is to the forthcoming new edition.  The one on Hand of Tharg's long-neglected page is the previous edition, from the DC/Rebellion teamup.
It's probably also worth noting that half the 'versions' of the 2000 AD books you see on online stores are actually early placeholder covers that sites never bother updating when the final covers are released.

Jade Falcon

I notice that Amazon with the Nemesis reprints showed the covers for Volume 1 as yellow with the Blitzspear rather than green, Volumes 2 and 3 were the correct colour but also showed the Blitzspear rather than Purity Brown and Nemesis.  Amazon also have one or two versions of the Rogue Trooper graphic novels.  Eye of the Traitor has two different covers listed.

IndigoPrime

Like I said, many stores retain the placeholders rather than updating the covers. Amazon's just about the worst culprit for this.