Main Menu

Life is riddled with a procession of minor impediments

Started by Bouwel, 10 August, 2009, 11:08:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Funt Solo

In an attempt to best your woes, Shark - I once took a strimmer through a fresh dog turd, which had the effect of splattering me, head to toe.

I realized that I needed some assistance, but I could feel that there was turd shrapnel on my lips, so I didn't want to say anything - so I was tapping the back door to the house with a (non-shitty) stick, and groaning like a zombie trying to get someone's attention.

You'd have thought that The Generation Game had nothing to teach us - but sometimes they'd challenge middle-aged, middle-class couples to eat a creamy pastry without licking their lips.
++ A-Z ++  coma ++

The Legendary Shark

Heh, I once strimmed a very dead hedgehog, spattering myself in pungent Walking Deadness. I thought it was weed juice until I came to pick the bits out of my beard. Sometimes I marvel that I'm still alive :-D

[move]~~~^~~~~~~~[/move]

von Boom

Crikey, Sharky, you really know how to do things. No half measures for you. I cringed reading your escapades. Feel better, man.

The Legendary Shark

Thanks, vB - feeling seriously sore right now. An early night beckons.

[move]~~~^~~~~~~~[/move]

Tiplodocus

Well if it's any consolation, that tale of woe gave me a good LOL. Sorry, I'm a terrible person.
Be excellent to each other. And party on!

The Legendary Shark

No you're not, Tips - it was extremely funny to watch. I may even change my name to The Legendary Wile E. Coyote!

[move]~~~^~~~~~~~[/move]

sheridan

Quote from: The Legendary Shark on 15 December, 2021, 07:19:31 AM

No you're not, Tips - it was extremely funny to watch. I may even change my name to The Legendary Wile E. Coyote!

I didn't want to say, but as the events unfolded it did feel like I was reading the script of a cartoon :)

(get well soon)

I, Cosh

I remember my dad strimming a frog once. He didn't recommend it. Funny story as long as you're okay!

I lost my Dante badge last night. A little good crest I've had on my winter jacket pocket for ages. Can't even remember where I got it. Bah.
We never really die.

von Boom

Now THAT's an impediment, Cosh. Hope you find it. Check unused boots in the cupboard, it might have fallen into one of the.

paddykafka

Holy Heck, Sharkie! You really have been through the wars lately. Hope that you'll be back on the mend soon.

In the meantime, I attach the following link, as I was reminded of this little gem while reading of your recent mishap.

https://www.anglersnet.co.uk/forums/index.php?/topic/45373-funny-poem-the-sick-notemurphy-and-the-bricks/

The Legendary Shark

Heh, classic!

I'm doing fine, thanks - still a little stiff but the pain's easing and the swelling's going down.

[move]~~~^~~~~~~~[/move]

JayzusB.Christ

Feck, Sharkie, glad you're on the mend.  Cosh, that's a fecker.  That's the kind of thing I really hate losing, and I lose things all the time. 
"Men will never be free until the last king is strangled with the entrails of the last priest"

Funt Solo

What seems very much like a "bomb scare" style threat has been circulating on TikTok that suggests there will be some kind of violent assault in a US school today (the 17th), so (across the entire country) many schools are cancelling classes - many students are anyway staying home.

I'm sitting waiting for my class to arrive.

It would be a ridiculous overreaction - if this wasn't the USA.

Odd, though, that something that used to disrupt a single building or institution can, with the help of social media (and ridiculous gun laws) affect an entire multi-state nation.
++ A-Z ++  coma ++

Batman's Superior Cousin

I broke my middle toe on Thursday whilst getting ready for work and now I'm off for a few days recovering.
I can't help but feel that Godpleton's avatar/icon gets more appropriate everyday... - TordelBack
Texts from Last Night

paddykafka

My printer is intermittently jamming, and not in a fun Bob Marley reggae kind of way.  :(