Main Menu

2000AD Original Art Thread

Started by J3D1, 16 May, 2010, 08:34:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ming

Quote from: Graff Vynda K on 05 September, 2013, 01:48:59 PM
Quote from: SimeonB on 05 September, 2013, 10:49:11 AM
Nice pages, Mark! I particularly like that Colin Wilson Rogue page with the spaceships panel.

That's a fabulous Colin Wilson.

The Wilson Rogue page I have is on board 22 x17, but the panels themselves are on paper, cut out and stuck to the board. Is this what Wilson usually does? I don't have another to compare (poor me).

The Brett Ewins DPS's from Haunting of Sector House 9 are almost too big for my house; on board size 32 x 22. Too big to frame, don't fit in any storage folders, just sitting around scaring the kids right now. Eeek!

For comparison, the O'Neill 1985 annual page is just slightly bigger than A4.

I think the cut-and-paste was done in-house, not by Colin himself.  Royd might confirm (or I can see if Colin remembers anything about this) but I'm not sure that anyone knows why it was done this way.  The 'Ghost in the Machine' Rogue and the 'Sweet Taste of Justice' Dredd pages I have are both unmolested...  Just one of those oddities; the kind of thing that might have niggled me in the past but these days, the art's the art.

The smallest page I have is the Cam Rogue page (the Marauders); don't have the exact measurements to hand but it's a lot smaller than the size Cam worked on for The VCs and Dredd.

And Ben, if you're worried about 'The Haunting...' page scaring the kids you can always send it to me for safe keeping ;)

(No, just get it framed and keep it safe).

Dandontdare

Quote from: Graff Vynda K on 05 September, 2013, 01:48:59 PM
For comparison, the O'Neill 1985 annual page is just slightly bigger than A4.

wow, given the amazing detail that's tiny! It's a great piece by the way, you lucky so-and-so.

Spikes

Quote from: ming on 05 September, 2013, 01:59:22 PM
I think the cut-and-paste was done in-house, not by Colin himself. 

Yes, this is what Royd told me when i asked about it. Said it was done by editorial - he also said neither he, nor Colin knows why....

But the art thread hits overdrive! Stunning pieces, Mark - nice to see the Rogue page made it safely from OZ.

And that O'Neill annual contents page - glorious!

Fatboydale

Some fantastic art of late ....i sure some of you have caught my ocd in collecting ....

I should have a nice catch in 3 weeks ....  ;)

Skullmo

Of mackerel?

Will be using a sprat to catch it?
It's a joke. I was joking.

Fatboydale

The First appearance of Bradley .... still a favorite of mine ..

hippynumber1

I love my Bradley page (thank you Dale)!

Greg M.

Here's a couple of pages from a classic Rogue Trooper story which was in no way inspired by 'Tron'. Lovely crisp Colin Wilson art featuring Helm and Bagman in the nude!

Skullmo

Those are the best Colin Wilson pages I have seen - really lovely.

Crispynev

Hi everyone - I'm new here and have just popped up to say that I am parting with my Strontium Dog page from Starlord No.1.  The sale is being handled online through Comic Book Postal Auctions and the hammer falls this Tuesday at 8pm.  If you haven't bid there before, you need to first submit an e-mail bid using their form and then follow up by phone for any subsequent bids.

The page comes from Johnny Alpha's debut.  It probably sells itself without me having to say much more.  I have requested a reserve of £250 - £300.

Here's the link:

http://www.compalcomics.com/catalogue/lot139.htm

Now I've found this thread, I've got a lot of pages to catch up on...!

Simon Beigh

Lovely Rogue pages, Greg, and those Bradley pages too Dale. Great stuff!

If you don't like Henry Flint or Shakara - move on... Me? I get tingles just looking at the scans :)

The Assassin - Episode 10, Page 3

The Assassin - Episode 10, Page 5

Love that last panel of Shakara screaming...

...wait for it....

SHAKARA!

Greg M.

Quote from: Crispynev on 07 September, 2013, 01:44:19 PM
Now I've found this thread, I've got a lot of pages to catch up on...!

Well, one or two. ;) Hi there, welcome to the thread where deranged individuals spend silly money on bits of paper. Think I saw your sale of the Strontium Dog page get a mention on downthetubes - think it's also mentioned somewhere earlier in this thread too. Good luck with the sale, I am sure you will exceed your reserve. It's a great page.

And speaking of great pages - Simeon, Shakara is really scary when he opens his mouth, isn't he?

Simon Beigh

Never mess with a dude who brings the vengeance of an entire species - that's what I say! I love the bits seemingly flying off him as well. Like he's moving so fast he's breaking apart...

Have I mentioned I love Shakara? Well I do :D

Skullmo

Great pages Simeon. I can see why you love them, they are brilliant!

That last panel is empty by the way, the image from the comic is just burned onto your retina from reading the comic so much!

Link Prime

Great stuff guys.
You can't even turn your back on this thread for 48 hours...