Main Menu

2000AD Original Art Thread

Started by J3D1, 16 May, 2010, 08:34:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ming

As it's been more than 48 hours with no action, here's another Colin Wilson Rogue page (this one doesn't feature stuck-on panels, and the KBOOOMMM!!! effect was done by Colin, not pasted-on text):

(A bigger scan plus a couple of close-ups are in my CAF gallery; link below)

hippynumber1

Beautiful work from the Wilson droid; the teddy bear with the cracked chem-suit helmet is still my favourite panel there...

Skullmo

Hmmm  . . . . .there is something about that woman that I just don't trust!  :P

A lovely page! Such clean linework!
It's a joke. I was joking.

Greg M.

Great page - great story, too. Much more classically Rogue-centric than my bio-chip-oriented pages. I always love those iconic images of Rogue where most of his face is in shadow and you can only see his nose.

smiffy

Some jaw-droppingly good art has been posted recently -- keep it coming, please!

Colin YNWA

I'm no fan of Rogue Trooper but man did he get the very best artists on side and that Colin Wilson page is just so very, very wonderful.

Graff Vynda K

Love those old-skool FX.

Both Wilson and Kennedy are past masters at drawn sound.

dark-spartan

I'm afraid I can't add any rogue trooper pages or good sound effects but I though I would share with you a man being punched in the guts by the devil - fantastically drawn in full colour by Chris Weston

ming

Great page - shame about the hand switch, though!

dark-spartan

Nice spot, I never noticed that - I can only put it down to the Devil moving in mysterious ways

Link Prime

Quote from: ming on 12 September, 2013, 10:57:54 AM
Great page - shame about the hand switch, though!

Never noticed it before either!

Great page DS.

Skullmo

Love that page DS, do you have any other Fodder pages?
It's a joke. I was joking.

dark-spartan

I'm afraid I don't have any more Fodder pages Skullmo - I bought this one and a Friday page fron Chris direclty at a comic convention - I'll post that one over hte next few days when I get a chance

Spikes

Quote from: hippynumber1 on 11 September, 2013, 01:05:42 PM
Beautiful work from the Wilson droid; the teddy bear with the cracked chem-suit helmet is still my favourite panel there...

Aye, tis a fine panel. A well remembered page, from a classic era of Rogue.

Wake

Quote from: Crispynev on 07 September, 2013, 01:44:19 PM
Hi everyone - I'm new here and have just popped up to say that I am parting with my Strontium Dog page from Starlord No.1.  The sale is being handled online through Comic Book Postal Auctions and the hammer falls this Tuesday at 8pm.  If you haven't bid there before, you need to first submit an e-mail bid using their form and then follow up by phone for any subsequent bids.

The page comes from Johnny Alpha's debut.  It probably sells itself without me having to say much more.  I have requested a reserve of £250 - £300.

Here's the link:

http://www.compalcomics.com/catalogue/lot139.htm

Now I've found this thread, I've got a lot of pages to catch up on...!

Thanks for listing it! I think that now rates as the most expensive page I've bought other than one of my Frank Hampson Dan Dares (and possibly the other one). I've got an Ian Kennedy TimeQuake page from Starlord issue 1 and a Dave Gibbons Harlem Heroes from 2000AD Prog 1 but the earliest Stront page I've got is from Prog 493 (Incident on Mayger Minor). I've bought from Compal a few times over the years, but I imagine my bid got bumped up a bit from the publicity on facebook and DownTheTubes