Main Menu

STRIP and CLiNT

Started by SmallBlueThing, 29 July, 2010, 11:26:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

SmallBlueThing

Do we have publication dates for these yet? Are they monthly, weekly, or what? And do we have a line-up? Or cost, come to that?

SBT

Jim_Campbell

Quote from: SmallBlueThing on 29 July, 2010, 11:26:10 AM
Do we have publication dates for these yet? Are they monthly, weekly, or what? And do we have a line-up? Or cost, come to that?

SBT

CLiNT is allegedly £4.50 for c100 pages and comes out Sept 2nd, monthly. Kick Ass 2 by Millar & Romita, Turf by Ross and Edwards, and I don't know what the Frankie Boyle penned strip is called, or who's drawing it. An unspecified number of one-shot shorts, possibly only one, the rest to be feature of undisclosed nature, but probably not too geeky based on various remarks of Millar's on his forums.

Strip... not sure yet of launch date or price. Monthly, I believe, line-up still being nailed down. PJ seems to know more about it than I do, but I don't know what he is, or isn't, allowed to say...

Cheers!

Jim
Stupidly Busy Letterer: Samples. | Blog
Less-Awesome-Artist: Scribbles.

radiator

Unless the 'feature' or non-strip content in Clint is particularly obnoxious, I am completely on board and am more than happy to pay the £4.50 every month.

Didn't Millar mention some sort of tie-in or serialisation with The Sun newspaper on 5 Live last week?

Jim_Campbell

Quote from: radiator on 29 July, 2010, 11:41:22 AM
Didn't Millar mention some sort of tie-in or serialisation with The Sun newspaper on 5 Live last week?

He did, but I was lapsing into a coma at the idiocy of the presenter by that stage, and I can't remember what he said!

Cheers

Jim

Banners

I really can't stand the thought of buying a comic called "Cunt". Sorry.

M@

radiator

He did, but I was lapsing into a coma at the idiocy of the presenter by that stage, and I can't remember what he said!

It may well have been typical Millar BS, but I think it was something about Frankie Boyle's sci-fi strip.

pauljholden

I can say nothing about Strip. Other than I've drawn the cover and one (six page) strip. And that's a brilliant mixture of stuff (action, adventure, and comedy)

-pj

IAMTHESYSTEM

PJ Cover?! I'm buying it immediatly!!

Or whenever it actually comes out. :)
"You may live to see man-made horrors beyond your comprehension."

http://artriad.deviantart.com/
― Nikola Tesla

Jim_Campbell

Quote from: pauljholden on 29 July, 2010, 12:15:43 PM
I can say nothing about Strip. Other than I've drawn the cover and one (six page) strip the lettering is quite, quite And that's a brilliant mixture of stuff (action, adventure, and comedy)

Fixed that for you.

Cheers!

Jim

Gibson Quarter

LOL Jim, you do know your way around letters, eh?
:lol:

BMB

Will people who might happen to live, say, in Melbourne, Australia be able to purchase these products and/or services?

Colin YNWA

a trialer or commercial for CLINT, alas over at the Sun newspaper but have a nosey if ya fancy

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/showbiz/tv/3099811/Wossy-recruits-Carr-for-comics.html

Radbacker

I like the look of that, hope it gets a Newsagent release downunder as thats the only way i'd be able to get it (no comic shop near).

Cu Radbacker

zombemybabynow

Interested re. Kick-ass 2, though if it's nemisis standard, forget about it.

F boyle material - don't really know if i could give money to anything associated with him; not a clint just a fool
Good manners & bad breath get you nowhere

Emperor

That trailer seems to show that Nemesis will also be serialised in the magazine. News to me, I was kind of hoping to be able to avoid that, ah well. It might explain why the free slots for new talent got rather squeezed.
if I went 'round saying I was an Emperor just because some moistened bint had lobbed a scimitar at me, they'd put me away!

Fractal Friction | Tumblr | Google+