Main Menu

Tharg's Trivia Challenge

Started by I, Cosh, 09 April, 2014, 08:16:21 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Enigmatic Dr X

Lock up your spoons!

Magnetica

That will teach me to try and post and go out to get the kids tea from the fish and chip shop at the same time.

"No" was intended to say no it wasn't Hammerstein.

And yes you are right it was "Gunge" not "Grunge". But still not a bad guess for a story I have hardly read since it came out. And that's not being pedantic, it's being accurate - which is important.

Anyway...yes Blackblood is the correct answer, so over to you Dr X.

JayzusB.Christ

Ah, ok! See this is the problem with the interweb - I thought you were irritably demanding an explanation (which would in itself have been justifiable).
It's a similar problem to having a not-so-fluent-in-English Polish friend who does occasional work for you - after I had spent an entire day silently fuming at her for saying that what I thought was a generous payment to her would only cover her bus fare, I later realised that she actually meant that she only wanted me to pay her bus fare and was happy to do the job for free.
Anyway, wildly off topic.  Back to the Trivia Challenge, people!
"Men will never be free until the last king is strangled with the entrails of the last priest"

Magnetica

yeah I saw the Hammerstein post and saw your "no its not" without seeing you had quoted my answer of "Grunge", i thought you were responding to that answer.

All in 2 milliseconds as I was going out the door.

Indeed I tried to delete the no post but could n't.

So alls well that ends well.

So yes lets get that next question, Dr X.

The Enigmatic Dr X

I'm going to stop this. I don't know enough to pose any useful questions and am too lazy to think about it.

So.....

The final D.R. & Quinch strip is told from what point of view? Bonus if you know who's point of view, but I'll take the general position.

And the problem page stuff doesn't count as final.
Lock up your spoons!

JayzusB.Christ

A boy scout who was being tortured?
"Men will never be free until the last king is strangled with the entrails of the last priest"

The Enigmatic Dr X

Well, not tortured so much as... re-educated. But, yes.
Lock up your spoons!

JayzusB.Christ

Feck! My go then...

How did Judge Tomas Nary escape death?

Dark Jimbo

Quote from: JayzusB.Christ on 13 April, 2014, 10:42:23 PM
Feck! My go then...

How did Judge Tomas Nary escape death?

Brain transplanted into the body of that braindead female judge during the Dredd/Anderson Tomb of the Judges story?
@jamesfeistdraws

JayzusB.Christ

Dark Jimbo

What special distinction does prog 1383 hold?
@jamesfeistdraws

Tombo

It's the only Prog with a numbered page

ZenArcade

Ed is dead, baby Ed is...Ed is dead

Dark Jimbo

Both correct, lads - Tombo, you're up.
@jamesfeistdraws

Tombo

Cool.. Okay.  What was special about Volume 14 of the Complete Case Files?