Main Menu

Prevarication complete

Started by wedgeski, 12 June, 2014, 10:54:20 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

wedgeski

I um'd. I ah'd. But I finally did it. I got the combi magazine subscription. My first prog arrived just yesterday.

It was a weird feeling, getting a 2000AD in the post. For all the years I collected it in my youth, it was always with a trip to the news-agent or WHSmith's. I loved that ritual, in fact.

So, it feels great to have it delivered to my door, but also strangely...passive as well. I'll get over it.

Proudhuff

and after a few weeks, its addictive!  :D
DDT did a job on me

Jim_Campbell

Quote from: wedgeski on 12 June, 2014, 10:54:20 AM
So, it feels great to have it delivered to my door, but also strangely...passive as well. I'll get over it.

It's like having servants!

Cheers

Jim
Stupidly Busy Letterer: Samples. | Blog
Less-Awesome-Artist: Scribbles.

Dandontdare

... and then just when you get used to it, the postie will fail to deliver one Saturday and it will mess up your entire weekend routine!

judgerufian

The sound of the prog hitting the doormat on a Saturday morning is like the angel gang tugging at your heart strings. Oh and when its a prog and Meg weekend, its pure joy as it crashlands and makes a racket guaranteed to wake the house.

A word of warning though.......I recommend loosening or oiling your letterbox cover so you dont get a crumpled prog (its the only down side to a subscription)

CrazyFoxMachine

Sigh... I greatly miss my subscription. I bought it regular as clockwork from newsagents every Wednesday for ten years before I decided to go for it and suddenly it was MAGIC. I'll never forget the day I realised my post-box was exactly the same size as a prog and this happened on opening it...

BANG. Best way to see a cover for the first time. Although I think they started turning them round in the envelopes after that so the cover wasn't showing - understandable - the thrill-power might overload the postperson's brain.

Sigh - anyway I couldn't afford to keep up with it and now I have a s/o at my local comic shop that builds and builds and builds... they hate me down there.

Colin YNWA

'Tis a thing of beauty. Joy to ya door step. Now if they'd only come up with a service to box up the kids for 30 minutes so I could savoir it in peace!