Main Menu

Future Shock screening - Edinburgh Film Festival

Started by GordonR, 27 May, 2015, 02:06:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

GordonR

There's a screening of the Future Shock 2000Ad documentary at this year's Edinburgh Film Festival.

Monday June 22, 8.30pm at the Filmhouse, with former and current droids panel discussion afterward.

You can also see the docu in a double bill with a 3D screening of the 2012 Dredd.

Colin YNWA

Good to see this is starting to get out and about again lately. It was shown in Boston and Poland (I think those two are right) recently.

I was hoping it would make the Sheffield Documentary Festival so I could see it again, but alas not the case. Still fingers crossed all the work they have been doing will led to it getting some wider release in the future.

Jim_Campbell

Quote from: GordonR on 27 May, 2015, 02:06:26 PM
a 3D screening of the 2012 Dredd.

You say "2012" like there's another one...

This can only mean one thing... Gordon knows about a sequel!

Cheers

Jim
Stupidly Busy Letterer: Samples. | Blog
Less-Awesome-Artist: Scribbles.

Fungus

Brilliant. Will try to head through and catch that double bill.

I remember the doc seemed to last about 4 mins at Thought Bubble. Joyful.

Hawkmumbler

It was something quite splendid alright, even with the scene jumping (I was really loving the story of Judge Fish as well...).

shaolin_monkey

Bloody hell - would have loved to have seen this in my home town, but distance and childcare removed all possibility of me making it. AAARGH!!! Enjoy it, you lucky bastards!

HURRY UP AND COME TO CARDIFF!!!

IndigoPrime

Quote from: Jim_Campbell on 27 May, 2015, 05:50:14 PMThis can only mean one thing... Gordon knows about a sequel!
And since the Meg strip's his last Dredd work for the comic, we can only infer he's writing Dredd 2. \o/

Geoff

Saw this at the Southbank screening and loved it - does anyone know if/when it will be released on DVD?