Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Pokemon Go app  (Read 4777 times)

sheridan

• Bionic Fingers
    • View Profile
    • Wilde Wood
Re: Pokemon Go app
« Reply #45 on: 07 April, 2022, 02:10:54 PM »
37 here.  Am I reading it correctly that you can nominated locations to be pokestops, or is that converting a stop in to a gym?  Though I wouldn't have the slightest idea how to do either.

Tomwe

• Posting Machine
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: 07 April, 2022, 04:24:28 PM »
Yeah you get 40 nominations of Places Of Interest (POI) at level 38 that The Community will review and possibly convert to a WAYSTOP. But whether that appears in PoGo or in other Niantic games depends on its location in relation to existing stops.

Niantic explanation: https://niantic.helpshift.com/hc/en/6-pokemon-go/faq/41-submitting-a-pokestop-nomination/

I use http://pogomap.info with Cell Levels 17 & 14 visible. This is a grid that breaks the map down into cells. Each cell can only have on Pokémon POI, so if there is a phone box with a map right next to it there’s no point in nominating one if the other is already in-game. Does that make sense? I know there are whole blog posts breaking it down further but i cans find a decent one right now.

Since turning lv38 I have had 18 approved! Also if there is a lonely pokestop and you can put another one nearby (not too near) you are likely to convert the first into a gym. Again, there are ‘rules’ for this. But I won’t try and type that right now!

The process of nomination, review and then either accepting or rejection can really get to you! But I think I would have gotten bored of it again by now if I didn’t have this to work on as well.

Tiplodocus

• Bionic Fingers
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: 07 April, 2022, 09:01:12 PM »
Where is Goaty?
Be excellent to each other. And party on!

sheridan

• Bionic Fingers
    • View Profile
    • Wilde Wood
« Reply #48 on: 07 April, 2022, 10:46:23 PM »
Something to look forward to when I level up (though I've got about a million points to go)