Main Menu

Collectors - Complete 2000 AD GN / Book / Comic Listing

Started by Large48, 31 October, 2016, 03:22:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Large48

Ok so for all you collectors / OCDers out there.........

I'm thinking of doing a 'proper' listing of ALL (yeah you read that!) 2000 AD related GN / Books that are known so that we of this parish can all contribute and use if we wish to see how OCD we really are!

Now, obviously the English language lists should   :o be reasonably easy to sort out but the foreign language lists will be a LOT harder as most of the older releases are more difficult to find out the information about.

I was thinking of including information like, title, publisher, date, ISBN, language and then possibly some form of rating in terms of rarity, i.e. a 5 star rating as some of the books involved will be limited runs, creator runs, give aways, etc, etc.

I know of a few people that already have small parts of this that hopefully could be merged into a larger project.

Future expansion could see inclusion of other titles that have appeared in 2000 AD or the Megazine i.e. Preacher but that could get very large very quickly!

Anyway let me know what you think as it's been something I've been thinking of doing for some time.

:)
[size=40]Train Hard - Run Fast - Hit to Kill[/size]

sheridan

Another bit of information you may want to include - is the content original or is it a reprint!

Large48

Oh there's loads of other stuff to include and expand upon!!!

Other items to push further, figures / models etc., licensed / synde copies / home made etc., lots of different contentious categories could be used as part of this, books are generally easier to start with (I'm guessing) as either all are licensed or produced by the creator / owner themselves.

I would expect the output to be a PDF type file that could be viewed on just about any type of digital device.

Steve Green

I imagine certain categories are a problem, everyone and their uncle has some hooky crap on Redbubble, ditto with 3D printers these days, where do you draw the line?

maryanddavid

Sound like fun, not sure if I can help, but Ill chip in if I have any info.

Large48

Thought I might start with something very easy like the A5 range of books as an example and see what people thought as to the structure and format and take it from there.  :'(

AlexF

Third Estate Ned

Quote from: Large48 on 31 October, 2016, 03:22:14 PM

[...]foreign language lists will be a LOT harder as most of the older releases are more difficult to find out the information about.

I can help with Italian language reprints, there aren't that many.