Main Menu

2000 AD - The Ultimate Collection

Started by Molch-R, 27 February, 2017, 06:03:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dark Jimbo

Quote from: Hackenbush on 29 November, 2022, 11:58:25 PM
If they are making enough money from the exercise then extending by including lawman of the future and DC Dredd etc is not impossible ...
We have Starlord and Tornado strips in the collection already...

But they're been included specifically to complete a run of stories which concluded in Tooth (Ro-Busters and Blackhawk). I can't see them including material in the UC which has only ever run in a completely seperate title.
@jamesfeistdraws

The Monarch

i still think we'll get one last stront book with the starlord stuff and maybe the left overs and durham red stuff not collected in it

IndigoPrime

I can't imagine they'd stoop so low as to include LOTF material. DC Dredd would be an odd one too. But... movie Dredd? That's not all been collected in print, and we now know it's a finite strip.

Max Headroom

Was JD: LOTF really that bad?! I never got round to reading it, but seem to remember somewhat mixed reviews at the time.

IndigoPrime

It's OK. I have a set of comics somewhere. I prefer it to a good chunk of IDW and more than half of DC Dredd. But I still would find it... a curious decision to reprint here. (Plus, there's just so much of it – and there are far, far better Dredd stories that haven't been in this and the previous collection.)

abelardsnazz

Wondering whether Return to Armageddon hasn't been included previously because of the page count - if it is forthcoming, what would it be paired with? Thinking Bad City Blue wouldn't be a bad fit.

sintec

Quote from: abelardsnazz on 01 December, 2022, 11:14:49 PM
Wondering whether Return to Armageddon hasn't been included previously because of the page count - if it is forthcoming, what would it be paired with? Thinking Bad City Blue wouldn't be a bad fit.

Return To Armageddon is 137 pages of strip. By my records we've had 3 smaller books over the course of the UC (Slaine Book of Scars, Slaine Brutania 2, Brass Sun 1) so they might run it alone.

There are quite a few stories which could be included but are slightly awkward sizes. This is by no means an exhaustive list:

• Harry 20 (106)
  • Shako (86)
  • Ant Wars (83)
  • Kingdom 7-9 (126)
  • Atavar (132)
  • 13 (86)
  • Dandridge (96)
  • Asylum (91)
  • Numbercruncher (80)

Of those Shako and Ant Wars feel like an obvious pairing, they're both old school thrills with animals attacking humans. I'm wondering if we'll see some of those in the 130 range just done as is.

Dark Jimbo

Quote from: sintec on 03 December, 2022, 12:02:29 PM
Kingdom 7-9 (126)

There's only another two books of Kingdom, not three.
@jamesfeistdraws

sintec

Quote from: Dark Jimbo on 03 December, 2022, 12:18:53 PM
Quote from: sintec on 03 December, 2022, 12:02:29 PM
Kingdom 7-9 (126)

There's only another two books of Kingdom, not three.

Doh - yeah I meant 7-8. Page count is for two books.

The Monarch

numbercruncher is in the creator owned pile

sintec

Quote from: The Monarch on 03 December, 2022, 06:43:46 PM
numbercruncher is in the creator owned pile

Guess that's another one we won't be seeing then.

IndigoPrime

cropsy13

Weird I haven't received 135 & 136 yet.

I'm subscribed via DD

cropsy13

Tomwe

Looks like they're quite forthcoming with titles, if you can hit a correct one:
QuoteMe:
Glad to hear about the extension - will we see any of these: Full Tilt Boogie, Diamond Dogs, The Out, Stainless Steel Rat, Dan Dare, Megatropolis, Mazeworld...? Thanks for your help!
Quote2000 AD: The Ultimate Collection
Tom Evans Hi Tom, we do have plans for Dan Dare and Mazeworld however please bear in mind that this is subject to change and not guaranteed.
Thanks!
EDIT: other comments mean Outlaw won't be included (much to the disappointment of the original author), nor will Big Dave, Maniac 5, Really & Truly, Bad Company or The Order.