Main Menu

The Mandalorian

Started by judgeurko, 13 November, 2019, 04:18:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

wedgeski

Quote from: Mardroid on 14 November, 2020, 02:22:52 PMapparently on twitter there's been a bit of an uproar
Welcome to the 21st century.

Jim_Campbell

Quote from: shaolin_monkey on 14 November, 2020, 02:56:40 PM
So why outrage at one and not the other? It doesn't make sense.

Also, no one seemed particularly bothered by [spoiler]the booby-trapped bantha[/spoiler] in the first episode.
Stupidly Busy Letterer: Samples. | Blog
Less-Awesome-Artist: Scribbles.

JOE SOAP

Definitely Not Mister Pops

So why outrage at one and not the other? It doesn't make sense.

Possibly alt-right sock puppets trying to make libs look ridiculous?

Disney shills fooling neckbeards into liking Disney Wars to own the libs?

Lockdown fever with a smidge of intellectual dishonesty?

You may quote me on that.

Professor Bear

I just didn't know if it was supposed to be funny or not, as the frog lady said these were the only eggs she had left and this was the last chance for her line to continue.  I mean, are we supposed to be paying attention and getting invested in what happens or not?

I do wish Disney - and many other corporations, particularly Sony and CBS - would stop paying troll farmers to manufacture a lot of this hysterical garbage.  The side-effects are that actual racists and crazy people are thinking this is how it's acceptable to behave online, and that's now having a knock-on effect on society.

sheridan

Quote from: Mardroid on 14 November, 2020, 02:22:52 PM
** Not dissing on vegans there. I don't think I could be one, but I respect their decision and it probably does help the environment. Just figure her response suggests she is one.

Maybe, maybe not - a lot of meat-eaters have a strange blind spot when it comes to watching representations of one creature eating another creature (or products of other creatures).  Not-a-vegan if anybody makes assumptions.

sheridan

Quote from: TordelBack on 14 November, 2020, 02:53:44 PM
My own view is that people have created their own picture of the Child as a sweet and cuddly soft toy to be snuggled, which has nothing to do with how he has been portrayed thus far, which is appropriately amoral, and this is why this looks like a heel turn to them.

Ah, the Daenerys "haven't been paying attention' phenomena...

sheridan

And it's weird that frog lady is getting a lot of attention, but what about spider lady and her babies? We actually saw the Child eat a baby spider! Actual live young! And those spiders were clearly sentient.

It's not even the first frog we've seen the Child eat!

Quote from: sheridan on 15 November, 2020, 06:22:39 PM
And it's weird that frog lady is getting a lot of attention, but what about spider lady and her babies? We actually saw the Child eat a baby spider! Actual live young! And those spiders were clearly sentient.

It's not even the first frog we've seen the Child eat!

I thought the mammy looked more like a Salamander.

We should now have a protracted pointless argument about a minor detail in Star Wars.

This is the way.

wedgeski

The Child has the powers of a Jedi and absolutely no impulse control. It's dangerous, and the show is treating it that way. I couldn't be happier.

Plus, this is just the *coolest* slice of Star Wars since Rogue One. It's comic book Star Wars brought to life, which is a wonderful thing.

JayzusB.Christ

Quote from: Mister Pops on 15 November, 2020, 07:03:42 PM

We should now have a protracted pointless argument about a minor detail in Star Wars.

This is the way.

:lol:

I've just seen a Daily Mail* article that says some fans are accusing the baby of 'genocide' and threatening to 'burn their merch'.  I'm not quite sure of the demands of their threat - re-shoot the episode and make everyone forget what happened first time around?

Personally, I thought it was a bit odd to see him eating the eggs, but like the man says, they're unfertilised, so couldn't really be classed as murder by any standards.

The Mando also provoked and killed a mudhorn for a single egg.  Shit happens in a big galaxy.

"Men will never be free until the last king is strangled with the entrails of the last priest"

JayzusB.Christ

Quote from: JayzusB.Christ on 16 November, 2020, 09:49:56 AM
Quote from: Mister Pops on 15 November, 2020, 07:03:42 PM

This is the way.

:lol:

I've just seen a Daily Mail* article that says some fans are accusing the baby of 'genocide' and threatening to 'burn their merch'.  I'm not quite sure of the demands of their threat - re-shoot the episode and make everyone forget what happened first time around?

Personally, I thought it was a bit odd to see him eating the eggs, but like the man says, they're unfertilised, so couldn't really be classed as murder by any standards.

The Mando also provoked and killed a mudhorn for a single egg.  Shit happens in a big galaxy.

*I know, I know.
"Men will never be free until the last king is strangled with the entrails of the last priest"

Finally got caught up on episode 3. Then watched all three again. I thought it was a bit cheeky of Jon Favreau to take sole writing credit for his adaptation of the Tatooine section from KOTOR. The Razorcrest is really developing as a character in its own right.

Quote from: JayzusB.Christ on 16 November, 2020, 09:55:46 AM
... threatening to 'burn their merch'...

Yes, because unsubscribing from Disney+ just doesn't have the same je ne sais quois. Would it not be more sensible to just burn your money before giving it to Disney?

TordelBack

Quote from: Mister Pops on 16 November, 2020, 03:50:01 PMI thought it was a bit cheeky of Jon Favreau to take sole writing credit for his adaptation of the Tatooine section from KOTOR.

Add to that the whole Cobb Vanth character and backstory is word-for-word from Chuck Wendig's books. But I'm happy to see this kind of synthesis taking place, however credit is apportioned.

Quote from: TordelBack on 16 November, 2020, 06:06:27 PM
Quote from: Mister Pops on 16 November, 2020, 03:50:01 PMI thought it was a bit cheeky of Jon Favreau to take sole writing credit for his adaptation of the Tatooine section from KOTOR.

Add to that the whole Cobb Vanth character and backstory is word-for-word from Chuck Wendig's books. But I'm happy to see this kind of synthesis taking place, however credit is apportioned.

Can't say I'm all that familiar with that EU* story, but I welcomed Timothy Oliphaunt's performance. Dude has effortless charisma.

*I enjoyed the Thrawn Trilogy and the Dark Forces games, beyond that is a heap of library rentals I didn't care to finish or remember.