Main Menu

The Mandalorian

Started by judgeurko, 13 November, 2019, 04:18:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

sheridan

Quote from: James Stacey on 09 December, 2020, 04:48:01 PM
Quote from: sheridan on 09 December, 2020, 08:24:51 AM
Quote from: TordelBack on 08 December, 2020, 04:49:11 PM
Same-old-planet-wise, it's really only touched on Tatooine, but as we know the destiny of the galaxy swirls around those twin suns: changing the branding of the whole saga to Tatooine Adventures wouldn't be misrepresenting it much.

Perhaps it's time that Tatooine opened up a second cantina though - one drinking place on the entire planet!  No wonder Tosche Station gets used as a general meeting place (the Anchorhead Hunting Lodge doesn't count, as you have to be a hunter).
We see a different bar in Mos Pelgo in chapter 9

Another reason why the Mando is great :-)

judgeurko

Quote from: sheridan on 09 December, 2020, 08:24:51 AM
Quote from: TordelBack on 08 December, 2020, 04:49:11 PM
Same-old-planet-wise, it's really only touched on Tatooine, but as we know the destiny of the galaxy swirls around those twin suns: changing the branding of the whole saga to Tatooine Adventures wouldn't be misrepresenting it much.

Perhaps it's time that Tatooine opened up a second cantina though - one drinking place on the entire planet!  No wonder Tosche Station gets used as a general meeting place (the Anchorhead Hunting Lodge doesn't count, as you have to be a hunter).
There is more than one cantina on Tatooine.

JOE SOAP

Rangers of the New Republic is the best Star Wars title since Return of the Jedi.

JOE SOAP

sheridan

Quote from: JOE SOAP on 11 December, 2020, 03:41:24 AM

That's a lot of Star Wars coming out - some have sizzle reels already, so it's not just vague plans.  Guess the newish streaming service has to keep the new content coming.  Probably need a new thread for all that lot!

TordelBack

Sticking Kennedy in front of that graphic probably constitutes incitement.

Definitely Not Mister Pops

This is clearly fake new. If they hadn't put Willow up there I might have believed it.
You may quote me on that.

sheridan

I'm wondering about that fourth Indiana Jones film (or TV series?)

TordelBack

Chapter 15: Probably my favourite episode to date. Not because anything earth-shattering happened, but because it was just some SW guys on a good old-fashioned mission, such as we might have played in the West End Games RPG fadó fadó. There was good action, some planets, explosions, a fun if transient character and some redemption. And [spoiler]Grogu[/spoiler] was nowhere to be seen.

At one point, I caught myself grinning stupidly and thinking "I'm watching Boba Fett on an adventure. On my telly. In the 21st Century".

The final scene was a bit silly and pointless, some of the effects didn't seem as polished as usual,  but other than that, yeah, this really IS the way.

shaolin_monkey

Quote from: sheridan on 11 December, 2020, 10:59:58 AM

Fifth. Or are you trying to block Crystal Skull from your mind?

You made me think of it.

GODDAM YOU!

shaolin_monkey

I did warn my partner [spoiler] Grogu was unlikely to be in it [/spoiler] and she was gutted when she realised [spoiler]I was right [/spoiler] but I was like a pig in shit having [spoiler]not one, but TWO Mandalorians strutting their stuff, one of whom was Fett! Plus Slave One! I even got excited when he used that armament which came with THAT sound! [/spoiler]. I mean, come on!! If you're a Star Wars fan, and not enjoying it at this point, you're dead inside!

sheridan

Quote from: shaolin_monkey on 11 December, 2020, 08:03:24 PM

You made me think of it.

GODDAM YOU!

Well, I did bold the number...

shaolin_monkey

Quote from: sheridan on 11 December, 2020, 09:12:52 PM
Quote from: shaolin_monkey on 11 December, 2020, 08:03:24 PM

You made me think of it.

GODDAM YOU!

Well, I did bold the number...

Ah, I see. Probably too subtle for my addled brain.

Definitely Not Mister Pops

I know this is a show with a little green telekinetic baby and there's been a space wizard with a lazer sword amongst other things... but troopers are too regularly getting sparked out by being punched in the helmet*. It's been happening way to regularly to be ignored and now I'm wondering what benefit the helmets have. They clearly can't aim properly through the visors, and it's hard enough to punch someones lights out when they're not wearing a helmet.

I know I'm nitpicking. This is the way

*stop it you
You may quote me on that.

Jim_Campbell

Even when relatively young, I figured that Imperial armour isn't designed to protect against physical impact — hence their susceptibility to Ewoks throwing rocks at them. I imagine that its main property is deflective or ablative and intended to protect against energy weapons — the need for mobility leads to the armour being insufficient to protect against a direct hit, but probably enough for a glancing hit or a ricochet.

But, as evidenced since the original trilogy, very little use against a right hook from a Wookiee or a well-aimed rock.
Stupidly Busy Letterer: Samples. | Blog
Less-Awesome-Artist: Scribbles.