Main Menu

Day of Chaos 2: a.Covid-19 thread.

Started by TordelBack, 05 March, 2020, 08:57:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tjm86

Quote from: Funt Solo on 20 February, 2021, 08:28:04 PM
Anti-vaxxers are determined to endanger everyone else (often including their own children - who they're supposed to care for) for no good reason.

On the plus side, it does actually decrease the likelihood of long-term damage to the gene pool of the likes we are seeing at present.

By the way, I've just read a statement by my next-door neighbour's poodle, the Alsatian up the road and a chihuahua that strolls our streets from time to time.  I can't tell you what it said, where they've posted it or why but I feel fairly sure that it is barking ...

JayzusB.Christ

Ah, the penny drops.  It was a real statement saying that Covid 19 isn't as harmful as everyone says, but it'll be deleted if posted here.
"Men will never be free until the last king is strangled with the entrails of the last priest"

Funt Solo

Ah! A clear sign that the admins are part of the lizard cult, or..?

Nope. I can't think of anything more reasonable than that. Lizard cultists it is.
++ A-Z ++  coma ++

IndigoPrime

I can confirm we are in fact members of the lizard cult. Either that or we're just adhering to previously stated rules about not spreading disinformation on this particular thread.

Funt Solo

++ A-Z ++  coma ++

The Legendary Shark

Quote from: IndigoPrime
link=topic=46306.msg1053548#msg1053548
date=1613928655

..we're just adhering to previously stated rules about not spreading disinformation on this particular thread.

Which I get. Really.

However, where's the line between disinformation and information? Is it Government Approved Facts or nothing? Who decides?

I am unlikely to come here and post a link to some lunatic who claims invisible ghost elves are using Venusian mindstones to create death rays out of cellphone masts, but if I do post a link to a scientist who has some interesting observations about Mars, that post is treated much as if I'd posted the first. They're both filed under Anti-Something and ignored, entirely because of that label. (Metaphors. Staying in-line is quite a challenge for me...)

Maybe the entire forum's walking a fine line, I don't know. I hope not - because if it was, that would be terrifying.

I recently passed the milestone of becoming a CALL-ME-KENNETH!, which means only that I've been around here for a while, become what in the Old Dial Up Modem Days was called a reg, and folk hereabouts know me. Yeah, I'm a bit unique (just like everyone else), but I hope I've demonstrated by now - through words and deeds - that I do not mean anyone any harm. Precisely the opposite. Because being a CALL-ME-KENNETH! means also that I care about this site and the people on it. I don't do FaceTube or any of that cobblers (which is just like broadcast television, which I don't do either), just this place. You only have my word for this, but I haven't been coming here all these years just to piss people off. But I'm not going to pander to them, either.

If I post a link it's because I think it's important. What people do with that is up to them. I may give my view but that's it - I expect people to make up their own minds.

Just remember one thing about me when you're reading my posts and you won't go far wrong - I will never tell you to think, believe, say, or do anything you don't want to.

If the forum is walking a thin line then let me know - I don't want to stumble into being the cause of its demise - and I'll shut up. Or we'll do PMs or e-mails or smoke signals or something.

If it's not - let the forumites decide. Some kind of democratic vote, maybe? Two buttons on each post, "yay!" and "boo!"? "Adulate!" and "Exterminate!"? "Discuss" and "Hush"?

[move]~~~^~~~~~~~[/move]

Definitely Not Mister Pops

Quote from: IndigoPrime on 21 February, 2021, 05:30:55 PM
I can confirm we are in fact members of the lizard cult. Either that or we're just adhering to previously stated rules about not spreading disinformation on this particular thread.

You can't fool me, I know your're really mole people!
You may quote me on that.

JayzusB.Christ

Quote from: Mister Pops on 21 February, 2021, 09:05:51 PM

You can't fool me, I know your're really mole people!

I went to see David Icke do a talk once in Trinity College, for the craic.  It was run by the  Science Fiction Society and the disappointing fecker didn't mention you lizard people once.  Also, I love the fact that I just looked him up to check the spelling of his surname, and his description in Google is 'David Icke - Footballer'.
"Men will never be free until the last king is strangled with the entrails of the last priest"

The Legendary Shark

I seem to recall Icke saying something about the lizard-people being taken out of context, that he meant people driven by their lizard (primitive) brains rather than their evolved brains.

Then again, he also claims to have been engulfed in divine fire on top of a pyramid in South America.

[move]~~~^~~~~~~~[/move]

Quote from: The Legendary Shark on 21 February, 2021, 08:35:02 PM

Quote from: IndigoPrime
link=topic=46306.msg1053548#msg1053548
date=1613928655

..we're just adhering to previously stated rules about not spreading disinformation on this particular thread.

Which I get. Really.

However, where's the line between disinformation and information? Is it Government Approved Facts or nothing? Who decides?

Certainly you can't be trusted to decide, because *gestures broadly at Shark's post history*

Rebellion decides. They can't tell you what to believe, but they can tell you not to say it on their website. Don't like it? Then buy the company or go somewhere else that isn't so weary of your boobery.

Also, I've mentioned this elsewhere, David Icke was denied entry to Canada because they claimed the whole lizard people thing was an anti-semitic dog-whistle. His publicist then tried to convince Canadian immigration that Icke genuinely believed in lizard people. At this stage, he has made so many, unfounded, contrarian, outlandish or downright stupid claims that the person in question here can't be taken seriously.

Funt Solo

Quote from: The Legendary Shark on 21 February, 2021, 08:35:02 PM
Which I get. Really.

1. I don't know if any of your posts on this thread have actually been deleted.

2. If you want to post a link but it gets deleted from this thread, why not start a new thread - you could call it "My links that got deleted from the Covid-19 thread by an admin". Or "Links I think will get deleted from the Covid-19 thread by an admin".

3. You said "I will never tell you to think, believe, say, or do anything you don't want to" but you do have a tendency to redefine words to suit your current argument, so I have to call bullshit on that. Plus you've effectively started a sub-thread on this thread, several times now, about why you should be able to dominate this thread with pseudo-scientific drivel links. So ... you actually often give off the whiff of someone who really does want to control how other people think.

4. What I don't really comprehend is why you keep doing the same thing and expecting a different result. Oh, and I've never got any kind of a handle on what you actually, really, genuinely think about Covid - except you give hints that you've not entirely bought into its existence or its effects or its source. You say you don't want to piss people off, but then why undermine the validity of commonly held scientific knowledge - especially in such a febrile topic where people could be genuinely hurt (both emotionally and actually) by disinformation?

5. "Government Approved Facts" - of all the places on the Interwebs, you can't accuse the locals here of being government hand-jobbers. Catch thyself on.
++ A-Z ++  coma ++

JayzusB.Christ

Quote from: Funt Solo on 21 February, 2021, 09:46:16 PM

At least one has, in fairness.

As for Government-approved-facts - in my case, if I went along with them rather than what the science says, I'd be injecting bleach.

von Boom

Quote from: JayzusB.Christ on 21 February, 2021, 11:21:51 PM

As for Government-approved-facts - in my case, if I went along with them rather than what the science says, I'd be injecting bleach.
Fortunately, that's not one of my government's-approved-facts!

Quote from: von Boom on 22 February, 2021, 12:04:12 AM

I am genuinely amazed to discover the UK Government approves of facts.

JayzusB.Christ

Quote from: von Boom on 22 February, 2021, 12:04:12 AM

Well, mine neither, I suppose. It's approved by a government, though. Or an ex-government now, fortunately.

Not saying my own government has played a blinder by any means, but I seem to remember Boris Johnson going with a vaccine - free herd immunity policy till the facts caught up with him.