Main Menu

Love and chocolate in the time of Covid-19

Started by von Boom, 15 May, 2020, 07:04:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

von Boom

I know it's been a shit time for many people out there and it's all too easy to dwell on the negatives, but we should also highlight some of the good things that have happened during this terrible period of our lives. I'll go first:

My uncle, who was very good to me growing up, was in dire need of open-heart surgery but had to wait because of this virus. Fortunately, the surgeons were able to clear a spot for him and he underwent quintuple bypass surgery. After many hours and a cardiac event (heart attack) on the table, he pulled through.

Originally scheduled for 5 weeks of in hospital recuperation he was sent home after two days. The good news is he's responding well and on the mend. The doctors did an amazing job under very difficult circumstances. My family is very relieved and very grateful.

The Doctor Alt 8

A weird thing happened to me as I was travelling home on the bus. A gentleman, noticing that I was only wearing a pair of sandles gave me a pair of wellington boots I think because they were too small for him) As I don't have any waterproof footwear.. I am grateful...

(Yep Adrian is still in Hospital.) He has had several tests but the Doctors have drawn no firm conclusion. One says one thing the other counters it! I've been the only visitor he had had because only on person is allowed due to the Corvid. I also have been going over to his home to collect mail etc....