Main Menu

Prog drought!

Started by Leigh S, 11 October, 2020, 03:59:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Proudhuff

Quote from: The Enigmatic Dr X on 29 December, 2020, 11:47:06 AM
What is the right thing to do here? I don't want to impose on Rebellion for something that might come in the post, but I am also down three progs, a Meg and counting.

Same here, nothing since the start of December... Will give it till 4th Jan, but really not happy, other deal mail seeming to get thro, has Nicola closed the border?
DDT did a job on me

M.I.K.

2212 and the Megazine just turned up here, but no sign of 2211.

Leigh S

for those whose thrill hose has dried up,  are you annual subscribers? 

I have had the same problem on the anniversary of my sub the past two years running where my name gets kicked off the list they use to send out the subs.....

SmallBlueThing(Reborn)

All the people unable to get their thrills- has anyone found the prog not appearing in their local newsagents? I buy mine from Smiths, and this year has seen the prog going from being massively "overstocked" (15 copies one week), to the more usual ten, down to a bare three at one point. They only got six of the current issue.

The specials have been similarly haphazard- with the 2000AD Sci-Fi Special being the most conspicuous by its absence (only two copies), while others such as John Steel had ten plus.

All very odd. I understand the pressures of the year, etc, but surely the number of ordered copies of long-running titles should stay around the same from issue to issue?

I always pass through WHSMITHS on a Wednesday morning as they are putting them out on display, so I would say at least 48 weeks this year I have received my copies from the box before they hit the shelf.

SBT

Leigh S

It's possible subscribers bereft of their copy have snaffled a few of them?  I know I bought a couple that didnt hit my doormat on time

Tjm86

I'm a monthly subscriber.  The last month was downright bizarre.  No prog for three weeks then all turned up on pretty much the same day.  Unfortunately just after the subs department had asked about them and then said they would put replacements in the post.

So it looks more like the posties are the problem than the subs department.  As for Smiths (which is pretty much the only local newsagent left round here), they've been pretty consistent with progs, specials and megs.  I've been picking up the specials because a) I wanted to cherry-pick this year as there were too many that I didn't have any interest in and b) I want to encourage them to stock the specials for casual readers.

Post does seem too be getting back to normal now that the Christmas / Covid chaos is dying down.

The Enigmatic Dr X

I'm an annual subscriber but my renewal was in October.

Got 2211 today, but no sign of the Meg or 2212.
Lock up your spoons!

The Monarch

my renewals in march and i had the same thing happen to me 2211 came today still missing the christmas prog and the meg

Southstreeter

My 2211 has arrived (though I have been away for a couple of days). Don't know if that was the replacement I requested. No sign of the Xmas prog.

M.I.K.

My 2211 showed up yesterday, so that's me up to date.

The Monarch

if its not in tomorrow i am sadly gonna have to ask the subs. i really don't want to its not their fault this is on the royal mail

IndigoPrime

2213 here today. (North-east Hampshire.)

Looks like these problems are really localised, judging from a Twitter thread I saw earlier. Some people are just receiving their Radio Times Christmas edition (some getting it with the new issue). A journo noted he just got his mid-Dec Private Eye. One person noted they've had no mail at all for almost six weeks. I guess it must be down to capacity in your sorting offices and such.

SmallBlueThing(Reborn)

Tangentially linked to the "Great Prog Drought 2020", I havent yet received my trade paperback as prize for the letter in 2212. Since such a thing is merely a cake icing on the pleasure of seeing it happen, I feel bad about mentioning it. I wonder how long it will take to arrive?

SBT

Southstreeter

Xmas prog landed on NYE. The replacement progs (2211, 2212) I asked for a couple of weeks ago arrived today!! Happy to send these duplicates on to anyone who still can't get one, though I'm guessing the print run will be larger for the Xmas prog anyway.

Batman's Superior Cousin

Postie's been, still no sign of Prog 2213 :(
I can't help but feel that Godpleton's avatar/icon gets more appropriate everyday... - TordelBack
Texts from Last Night