Main Menu

Prog drought!

Started by Leigh S, 11 October, 2020, 03:59:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Buttonman

I got 2214 yesterday and finally Christmas Prog 2212 today! Only because I paid over the odds on eBay for it! Subs refunded the issue and sent a link for the digital copy to me as they have none to send out, which was good service - can't control what happens once the Royal Mail get hold of it. Hopefully a one off as missed my Christmas Prog, port and mince pies!

IndigoPrime

Showcasing how random things are, the post-Christmas week here was back to normal. Phoenix was even early (Thursday) and a Prog on a Saturday. This week: no mail at all. In fact, no mail since at least last Thursday, bar parcels.

ming

Still no sign of 2211 or 2213 (or 2214) for me yet - 2212 arrived after New Year at least.  I'm just rolling with it for now and hoping the missing issues will eventually arrive and delivery is back to normal in a month or two (or six).  I know none of this is down to Rebellion, just a byproduct of the weird circumstances we're all living in at the mo.

IndigoPrime

Everything just showed up in on go, via a postie I've never seen before (masked, though). The kid, being homeschooled, is now desperate to read all her comics and is making growly noises at being told no, she has to finish some schoolwork first.

Colin YNWA

Royal Mail have released a list of areas hit by problems

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-55591063

I guess the rest of us are imagining it!

IndigoPrime

Perhaps those are just the worst affected. Every area is going to have issues with staffing to some degree. It's pretty clear that Royal Mail is stacking large letters at the very least—only parcels delivered by van are going through reliably at normal speeds.

Leigh S

Yeah, that's an... optimistic list there.

no post for about 5 days here, other than a mysterious 8am Sunday drop of my car insurance documents - presumably these had gone to the wrong address and someone had the honesty to drop them round, though what that means for the rest of my post, I don't know....

Batman's Superior Cousin

2 days without the postie and no Progs/Megs!! :(
I can't help but feel that Godpleton's avatar/icon gets more appropriate everyday... - TordelBack
Texts from Last Night

moly

No progs since Christmas and no response from 2000ad shop in relation to sub query since last week

Michael Knight

No Prog 2214 for me yet. looking forward to that cover.

Leigh S

2213 and 2214 landed together today, so just about up to date..... no  sign of my Kings Reach book yet though!

Batman's Superior Cousin

Still waiting for this year's Prog's
I can't help but feel that Godpleton's avatar/icon gets more appropriate everyday... - TordelBack
Texts from Last Night

Michael Knight

2214 arrived in post today! Brought a smile to my face in a break from watching the news. Thanks Tharg!

Leigh S

Meg came Saturday, 2215 today, so might be improving.....

ming

2213 showed up yesterday (2212 came just after New Year); still no 2211 or 2214 or 2215 but I'll give it a few weeks before bugging subs about it as it's down to the postal service and I imagine the issues are just floating around there somewhere. 

Aquila came through a few days ago, luckily but we haven't had The Phoenix for weeks and the boys are getting a bit impatient about that; just one of those things and not exactly the end of the world (yet).