Main Menu

Favourite CLASSIC art droid Round 1 - Bryan Talbot or Sean Phillips

Started by Colin YNWA, 09 November, 2020, 06:35:38 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Colin YNWA

Another pair of Art Droids who've gone on to exceptional levels of acclaim since having their restraining bolts removed by Tharg, Bryan Talbot has won the Costa Prize and Sean Phillips numerous Eisners. Yet both have left a considerable legacy before that and have series that really standout for Tharg. Talbot being the Droid brave enough to take over from Kev O'Neill when he left Nemesis and with Book IV some would dare to suggest surpassed him. Sean Phillips have us Devlin Waugh in the near perfect Swimming with Blood.

Alas we still have to pick our favourite and to do so just pop the name of the art droid you'd most like to go through to Round 2, but please add anything else you'd like to say as well.

Bryan Talbot - more info

Or

Sean Phillips - more info

This one will close and be counted on the morning of Thursday 12th November

What the hell is all this? Find out more about the Art Droid Tourneys

Whose in the two different tourneys?

Entrants in the Current Art Droids Tourney

Entrants in the Classic Art Droids Tourney

Rules for what they are worth

Anything else just ask and I'll make something up.

broodblik

When I die, I want to die like my grandfather who died peacefully in his sleep. Not screaming like all the passengers in his car.

Old age is the Lord's way of telling us to step aside for something new. Death's in case we didn't take the hint.

Greg M.

Bryan Talbot. His figures always have a wonderful solidity about them, despite their frequently weird and arcane nature.

abelardsnazz

Bolt-01

Link Prime

Bryan Talbot.

Advance warning - I don't know if I will ever be able to vote against him.

Magnetica

Clear choice for me. Even if the only thing he had ever drawn were those scenes on the beach in the far future: Bryan Talbot.

rogue69

ming

Love Sean's work but cant' do anything but vote for Bryan Talbot here.  The Gothic Empire alone would seal the deal (imagine having to step into O'Neill's shoes for that gig - and he made it his own) but add in solid work on Dredd and one of my favourite shorts (Wages of Sin) and it's just impossible not to vote for him.

AlexF

Agree - it's impossible not to vote for Talbot in thie contest. Seems mighty unfair given how good Phillips is - but on the other hand, much of his 2000AD work was him learning on the job.

Tomwe

Bryan Talbot. If this were judged on current work it would be the other way as I'm on a Bru/Phillips kick right now.

SmallBlueThing(Reborn)

Yes, Bryam Talbot.

If I were taking into consideration Phillip's  Hellblazer work and his current projects, the result may well be different. But in going entirely on Thargwork here, and, well, Nemesis.

SBT

paddykafka