Main Menu

Favourite CURRENT art droid Round 1 - Paul Marshall or Leigh Gallagher

Started by Colin YNWA, 09 November, 2020, 06:36:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Colin YNWA

Paul Marshall has been with Tharg for such a long time I often think there's a danger we take him for granted. But his work on strips like Firekind, Leatherjack and the recent Skip Tracer (whatever you think of the strip Marshall's work is excellent on it) has brought a clarity of storytelling to even the most intricate of stories. Leigh Gallagher takes his sharp and dynamic style from strip to strip to strip. Crafting worlds of soaring imagination with apparent ease... actually I could have said that for Paul Marshall as well!

Alas we still have to pick our favourite and to do so just pop the name of the art droid you'd most like to go through to Round 2, but please add anything else you'd like to say as well.

Paul Marshall - more info

OR

Leigh Gallagher - more info

This one will close and be counted on the morning of Thursday 12th November

What the hell is all this? Find out more about the Art Droid Tourneys

Whose in the two different tourneys?

Entrants in the Current Art Droids Tourney

Entrants in the Classic Art Droids Tourney

Rules for what they are worth

Anything else just ask and I'll make something up.

broodblik

When I die, I want to die like my grandfather who died peacefully in his sleep. Not screaming like all the passengers in his car.

Old age is the Lord's way of telling us to step aside for something new. Death's in case we didn't take the hint.

Greg M.

Paul Marshall for Firekind and those big scary seahorses in Tyranny Rex. There was a period where the detail fell out of his work, so it was good to see it return when he did Ulysses Sweet.

abelardsnazz

Bolt-01

Oh, now this is a massively difficult choice.

I really like both of these artists and they both still surprise and for want of a better word 'thrill' me when I see them working.

Agh -- Paul Marshall.

Sorry Leigh.

Link Prime

Magnetica

A hard choice as I'm not a massive fan of Leigh's work on Defoe, but I love Kingmaker.

Paul Marshall seems to be a much underrated artist; one who always does a good job but never seems to be viewed as being in the very top bracket. Which is a bit unfair as his work on Firekind and Dredd has been very good.

Overall I'm going for Leigh Gallagher.

JayzusB.Christ

"Men will never be free until the last king is strangled with the entrails of the last priest"

rogue69

BPP

If I'd known it was harmless I would have killed it myself.

http://futureshockd.wordpress.com/

http://twitter.com/#!/FutureShockd

AlexF

Gallagher, please. It's mostly about the astongish level of detail, but I also really like the way he draws noses.

Colin YNWA

Quote from: AlexF on 09 November, 2020, 10:29:52 AM
Gallagher, please. It's mostly about the astongish level of detail, but I also really like the way he draws noses.

How folks draw noses is really a thing. I remember always loving he way that Chris Bachalo drew noses, particularly in latter Shade the Changing Man. Conversely the way Kev Walker and Paul Staples did noses in their painted phases I found really off putting.

Tomwe

Leigh Gallagher here.

SmallBlueThing(Reborn)