Main Menu

Favourite CLASSIC art droid Round 1 - Simon Bisley or Jock

Started by Colin YNWA, 11 November, 2020, 06:28:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Colin YNWA

VOTING CLOSED

So much love for Jock here and by the end the votes started to come in. There was no denying though that two astomishing tales carried the day for

Simon Bisley

as he moved into Round 2

Greg M.

This tournament has reminded me how good the Biz really is. Over the years, his appeal may have been diluted by the horde of imitators who followed in his wake - some of whom went on to great success once they found their own artistic voices - but it's hard to overstate the impact The Horned God had when it first appeared. It was mind-blowing. The fact that every 2000AD fan now owns it in about 32 different printings shouldn't diminish that.

broodblik

The Horned God for me was Biz's prime work which defines him as an artist for me.  A lot of his work done afterwards never came to the same level. He for me did his best work in AD.
When I die, I want to die like my grandfather who died peacefully in his sleep. Not screaming like all the passengers in his car.

Old age is the Lord's way of telling us to step aside for something new. Death's in case we didn't take the hint.